red nipples after spay

noelleandhercat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat was spayed a little over 3 weeks ago and her two bottom nipple look just a little red and swollen. Is this normal? I know it takes about 6 weeks for the cat’s 100% recovery so I’m wondering if this is expected or out of the ordinary. It doesn’t look too bad, but it is really reddish pink.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

noelleandhercat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
also i accidentally put down kitten but she’s about a year and a half if that matters

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is our Vet still open during this pandemic? If so, why not just give them a call and ask if it is anything to worry about. You might even be eble to send your pic to them without having to take her in because of isolating. My inclination is that it isn't, but would hate to mislead you, just in case.

W&H

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! Just wondering if you ever worked out what this was? We have the exact same thing happening to one of our kittens who just got spayed 2 and a half weeks ago.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

noelleandhercat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! Just wondering if you ever worked out what this was? We have the exact same thing happening to one of our kittens who just got spayed 2 and a half weeks ago.
Hi! So, I sent it to the vet and they asked me if she was secreting milk (which she wasn’t) and to just monitor it. Sometimes the ovarian tissue secrets hormones that can cause swelling. But, she ended up being fine and it hasn’t swelled like that since! Just took a little while to go down. Make sure to keep an eye on it!!!

W&H

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! So, I sent it to the vet and they asked me if she was secreting milk (which she wasn’t) and to just monitor it. Sometimes the ovarian tissue secrets hormones that can cause swelling. But, she ended up being fine and it hasn’t swelled like that since! Just took a little while to go down. Make sure to keep an eye on it!!!
Ok amazing, thank you! Definitely will keep an eye on it. It really doesn’t look that bad at all, but was something we noticed a being a bit odd.

Ambersmith

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi so I also got my cat spayed about 3 weeks ago and I’ve noticed one of her nipples is more red and larger then the other and I’m just concerned because she’s only about 8 months and i just don’t want anything being seriously wrong.

Attachments