Red bump on cat butt hole

TeaMatcha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

One of the stray that I'm taking care of was found with this red bump on one side of his butt hole today. I tried to wipe his butt to see if there's any bleed but there isn't. It seems like dried blood. Is this something that need medical attention immediately?

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cant get a good look from the photo but he could have just caught it on something, does it seem to be bothering him? Keep an eye on it and if it seems to be getting worse, contract your vet. You could put a little Vasaline on the end of a cotton bud and swipe the area.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TeaMatcha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I cant get a good look from the photo but he could have just caught it on something, does it seem to be bothering him? Keep an eye on it and if it seems to be getting worse, contract your vet. You could put a little Vasaline on the end of a cotton bud and swipe the area.
Apologies, but here's a clearer zoom in photo of it. Hmm, it doesn't seems to bother him too much unless when I'm trying to wipe it with a wet tissues. Will keep an eye on it. Thank you :)

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm using a mobile so thats part of the problem but it looks clean, no signs of infection. Just keep an eye on it.