Recommendations on cat brushes

ImaRobot

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My oldest, Moomoo, essentially feels like he doesn't have an undercoat. His fur is so soft and thin, and feels like cashmere so he doesn't like most brushes especially those thin metal ones, because they mostly go straight to his skin. I'm having a hard time finding something and I'm hesitant to just buy some random ones as I go to the store cus he has not liked most of them. Does anyone have any that they've found that are good for cats with fur like this.

He's a pretty fluffy boy:
20231112_094233.jpg

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If Moomoo doesn't have much of an undercoat, I would opt to use something like this to keep his coat brushed and tangle free while being easy on the skin:
https://www.chewy.com/safari-wire-pin-bamboo-handle-dog/dp/226583
And then follow up with something like this:
https://www.chewy.com/babyliss-pro-...dD6VNXRq93pj7nWcZ_eFkm8XKPbjTCQ0aAnpUEALw_wcB
I like this comb because it's wide toothed on one side, and narrow on the other, so you essentially get two combs in one. :)
Cats seem to conduct a lot of static when you're brushing and combing, so to keep you both from getting unpleasant little shocks, keep the brush and comb damp (not "wet", but damp) with plain water as you go.
I hope this is helpful. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ImaRobot

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It was very hard to get this pic! As soon as she hears it she's all over me. She is short fur
I saw one like this on Instagram and then never again and was considering something like this as well!

If Moomoo doesn't have much of an undercoat, I would opt to use something like this to keep his coat brushed and tangle free while being easy on the skin:
https://www.chewy.com/safari-wire-pin-bamboo-handle-dog/dp/226583
And then follow up with something like this:
https://www.chewy.com/babyliss-pro-pet-6-basic-pet-comb/dp/238370?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=Babyliss Pro Pet&utm_campaign=20203340297&utm_term=&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAkeSsBhDUARIsAK3tief-pJqOzjU7pTFa55Bo-8mdD6VNXRq93pj7nWcZ_eFkm8XKPbjTCQ0aAnpUEALw_wcB
I like this comb because it's wide toothed on one side, and narrow on the other, so you essentially get two combs in one. :)
Cats seem to conduct a lot of static when you're brushing and combing, so to keep you both from getting unpleasant little shocks, keep the brush and comb damp (not "wet", but damp) with plain water as you go.
I hope this is helpful. :)
Thanks for the advice and also some direct links as well, it's all very helpful. I'll likely get these ordered this weekend.

Lennybells

I’m a slave to my furry master
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey!
I am relatively new with owning a cat (3 weeks), but I love watching videos online about grooming cats. The number one brush recommended is the equigroomer. I use it myself, and my kitten loves it. Makes his coat soft, and also gets rid of lots of dead undercoat. Hope this helps!

Lennybells

I’m a slave to my furry master
Adult Cat
Purraise
Forgot to mention that the equigroomer is on Amazon for 25 bucks or so

ImaRobot

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Forgot to mention that the equigroomer is on Amazon for 25 bucks or so
I have similar ones that work well on my orange tabby, but unfortunately for Moomoo in this post he really doesn't have an undercoat. I need something that can track through his very long, soft fur but not hurt the skin but thankfully for some of these suggestions up above I may be in luck.

ImaRobot

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It was very hard to get this pic! As soon as she hears it she's all over me. She is short fur
I snagged up one like this from PetSmart when I did my monthly run this weekend and it seems to be the one. Now to just get him used to some brush time!

helene

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
e, Can the Easy Groomer (made by Equigroomer) be used alone, or should I pair it with another grooming tool?

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
e, Can the Easy Groomer (made by Equigroomer) be used alone, or should I pair it with another grooming tool?
It looks as though it can be used on it's own. :)
If you have a long haired cat, a follow up with a comb would probably be best to make sure all tangles are removed.

helene

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've read that soft bristle brushes can help with distributing natural oils and blood circulation - is this true?