Recommendations for an over the range microwave?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, the handle on my 28 year old microwave has been broken off the bottom part, and finally snapped all the way off this morning. Husband can't can't you use pliers to get it open? Um...it's 28 years old. Time to get a new one. Since I haven't looked at microwaves in ever, I could use some guidance. Has to be over the range because I don't have enough counter space to add another gadget. I'll probably buy one at Lowes and have them install it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Not a particular one but they now sell that that are also convection ovens. Couldn’t bake anything very large but still useful.

Mighty Orange

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bought the least expensive model at Lowes. Been working fine for 5 years now. Make sure they install it, those over the range ones are not easy to install.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not a particular one but they now sell that that are also convection ovens. Couldn’t bake anything very large but still useful.
I don't need convection, I have that on my regular stove and also a toaster oven. Just need a basic one to heat stuff up.

I bought the least expensive model at Lowes. Been working fine for 5 years now. Make sure they install it, those over the range ones are not easy to install.
Probably what I'm going to do. I will go over there tomorrow or Tuesday and see what they have on sale.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick's mom had an over-the-range microwave that she really liked. I think it was just a standard GE model.