Recipie ideas needed

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KarmasMom

Natalie_ca In your Chicken salad recipe would can chicken work or does it need to be fresh? We do sell chicken thats precooked, whhole and cut up so if canned won't work I can just sugest those.
I've never heard of canned chicken, so I don't know if it would work or not. Is it like canned tuna? If so, probably not. I would suggest the precooked cut up version.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I felt this forum calling me today, and now I know why! LOL I am a vegan, and I have a few easy recipes that I've picked up:
Stuffed shells:
1 block extra firm or firm silken tofu.
About 18 jumbo shell noodles, cooked al dente
Minced garlic in the jar, to taste (I use 3 heaping spoonfuls, but I love garlic)(In the jar, because you asked for easy)
Fresh, raw spinach (as much as desired. I use maybe 3 handfuls)
Basil, to taste.
1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce.
That's 4 ingredients, not including the spices. If you like, you can add shredded Follow Your Heart vegan mozzerella cheese substitute, maybe 1 cup.
In a food processor, combne the tofu, garlic, basil and "cheese". Pulse until ricotta cheese consistancy. Add the fresh spinach, pulse until well chopped up.
Put down a 1/2 inch or so layer of spaghetti sauce in a casserole dish.
Fill the al dente shells full of the mixture.
Put the filled shells on top of the sauce until they're all in. Cover the remainder with sauce, and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes. You can't undercook that tofu, so just until heated, is fine for people in a hurry. Goes well with some garlic bread, which you can make vegan by doing it yourself with Earth Balance buttery spread and garlic powder, baked or under the broiler for a few minutes.
You will not even believe how good this is. My omni father could not tell it was tofu. It's even better the next day when the flavors have time to marry, so if prepared the night before, can easily be ready in no time!

Chickpea "mock egg-salad" sandwiches
1 can garbanzo beans, (chick peas) drained and rinsed
1/4 red onion, chopped fine
Wheat Bread
Tomatoes, sliced
Raw baby spinach
Bean sprouts (if desired)
Ground in food processor until a light, not too blended of a consistancy.
Add yellow or brown mustard, dill relish, Veganaise vegan mayonnaise, to taste.
Serve on toasted bread, for best results.
It tastes great and very similar to egg salad sandwiches.
Garnish with tomato, spinach and bean sprouts.
Very easy, and cheap! And other than the mayo, very healthy!

Please PM me if you need any help on these, or if you'd like more I can post them here for other veg*ns. I also make a killer vegan chili, which can be done in the crock pot..

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i discovered this extremely fat filling sauce that is so delicious with pasta and salmon!
1 cup of water,
1 cube knorr vegetable stock,
1 cup of shredded cheese (i used to use gouda, but you can add mozzarella and parmesan for a good strong taste)
1 serving of salmon
1 small onion
spaghetti
1 tsb olive oil

In one pot boil pasta.
In a pan chop up onion and cook in olive oil, add water bring to boil, add stock, stir until it dissolves, if it does not dissolve add a little more water. Add cheese, keep stirring until it becomes a creamy. if still watery add more cheese! let settle.
In another pan cook salmon untill opaque, add into the creamy sauce, toss in pasta and voila!