Recently neutered kitten…crusty wound?

ERR53

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

We recently had our kitten Larry neutered and I just wanted to check if the way his wound is healing is normal? It looks quite crusty to me and a bit dark in some spots, no sutures were used.

He hasn’t really been licking at it and is using the toilet, eating and playing with resident cat as normal.

Any help is much appreciated before I maybe call the vet.

Thanks,
Erin

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi all,

We recently had our kitten Larry neutered and I just wanted to check if the way his wound is healing is normal? It looks quite crusty to me and a bit dark in some spots, no sutures were used.

He hasn’t really been licking at it and is using the toilet, eating and playing with resident cat as normal.

Any help is much appreciated before I maybe call the vet.

Thanks,
Erin
You may send these photos to your vet and let them take a look and comment on it but from what I can see, it looks normal to me as after surgery, there'll be some blood left over and probably had dried up and thus forming crust.

If he has not been licking it and behaving normally, I shouldn't worry that much. Just make sure that there's no pus of any color and no foul smell to rule out any infections.