Reccommend A Clothes Washer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Four loads of laundry yesterday, one this morning. I can - almost - see the bottom of the laundry hamper. Sheets were never in there. I'd piled them in the sink. Really filthy work jeans - his from cutting / splitting / stacking firewood, mine from gardening - became gloriously clean. Speed Queen does a really good job.

Minor, very minor, kvetches - either there is none, or I have not found end-of-cycle beep thing. I get busy with other tasks and the "squawk, I'm done" reminder, say what, it reminds me to transfer to dryer.  And it still seems odd to pour laundry detergent into tub before adding clothes (no dispenser) but if clothes become clean I really do not care.

I have a Kitchen Aid stand mixer also. Lovely piece of equipment. But I think I have to rate my Wolf range a little higher.

Rubysmama, have fun doing laundry today, once your washer and dryer are delivered and installed. I think you and I both will soon become accustomed to again having "machinery as household staff."

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
@Catapault  glad to see you're enjoying your new washer and that your mountain of dirty laundry is shrinking.

My washer and dryer were delivered early this morning and I've done 2 loads of laundry so far.  Everything seems to be working fine, so I'm happy. And, yes, it's great to have "machinery as household staff" again. 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Really filthy work jeans - his from cutting / splitting / stacking firewood, mine from gardening - became gloriously clean.
That alone might convince my DH the next time we need a new machine. 
  Our top loader GE is doing much better than our old front loader as far as his work uniforms go.  He used to stand there and use a Shout product on every shirt collar to get the sunscreen out.  I think a good quality washer is worth it!  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you think, @rubysmama- two weeks, maybe only one week until we're back to "ho hum, laundry to wash today" rather than "oh look! Laundry to wash! How wonderful!"

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
@Catapault   Yeah the novelty of doing laundry in the new machines will likely wear off quickly. We better enjoy it while it lasts.