Really bad eye infection.

hunty123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello there, my cat’s fur is completely white around her eyes and her face is being taken over by brown goop. I believe that it is leaking from her eyes. Both sides are equally as bad. She frequently gets eye infections but it has NEVER gotten this bad. I am truly scared and am unable to visit a veterinarian due to COVID-19. Please, if you know anything or have questions - do not hesitate to reach out.

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Definitely an emergency. I did not expect a picture this serious when I saw the title. More than likely you aren't going into the vet at all, just handing the cat over in the parking lot. Even if that is not exactly the issue, someone has to get this cat to a vet.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She needs to see a vet, this is not a care for at home situation. Call around you should be able to get her in. The vets here are doing what they call curbside care for all animals, the owners sit outside in the car. The vet then talks to the owner over a cell phone while doing the exam. I am putting off my cats exam a bit because it is so hot here right now. I don't want to sit out in the car in this heat or burn up gas running it so I can have air conditioning. For something like this I would do it though.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, this is beyond a simple eye infection. She needs an antibiotic eye salve ASAP. She may even have something lodged in it. Send these pictures to the vet via E-mail and see what they say. Even if they aren't open, they should give you something based on those pictures. To apply ointment, gently pull down on the lower lid until a 'pouch' forms below the eye. Apply a small ribbon of ointment into the pouch. Drops can be applied the same way, it is tolerated much better. When she gets in, ask them to apply the first dose. I have had cats that look this way, and after trying every home remedy. only the antibiotic works. They sell Terramycin ointment online too. try Foster and Smith, and if you need a prescription, demand one from the vet. I would, this is sight threatening.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello there, my cat’s fur is completely white around her eyes and her face is being taken over by brown goop. I believe that it is leaking from her eyes. Both sides are equally as bad. She frequently gets eye infections but it has NEVER gotten this bad. I am truly scared and am unable to visit a veterinarian due to COVID-19. Please, if you know anything or have questions - do not hesitate to reach out.
Please take the baby to a vet immediately

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
If you can't get to your regular vet the other option would be to see a veterinary ophthalmologist. There really is no other way around this health issue. The above members all agree that your cat needs immediate medical help. Please keep us updated on your cat's progress. We will be thinking of her and sending healing vibes. :vibes::vibes:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Almost all vets are seeing patients on an emergency basis, and I believe that this qualifies.