Reality TV Show - Hoarders

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by parsleysage

After consuming like 12 or 13 episodes in a 3-day period, I had to stop watching. Some of those stories really stayed with me and showed up in my dreams, lol. I want to watch some more, but I'll have to do it in moderation and follow it up with something warm & fuzzy.
OMG! I watched about that many in the same amount of time! I also had Hoarder dreams. In one of them, there was a kitten crying and I was trying to find it in the mountains of garbage. That was probably caused by Thai doing his usual middle of the night Siamese yodeling!
In another I was trying to find jewelry that I had lost, my wedding rings,etc. Strange!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Februa

Im really shocked and saddened at how many people here are dismissing the people on this show as "trashy" and "lazy". How can those of you who feel this way look at their homes/listen to their friends and family and not see the pathology? Someone who is lazy has a sink full of dishes - not a house full of feces/rodents/purchased items. I wonder if all those of you who are calling them "just lazy" also feel that people with germ/cleanliness related OCD are just "extra neat".

This show is clearly needed to educate those who dismiss this mental illness as laziness. This is a real issue where people and their families suffer. Im happy to see there is a TV show about it: at least it has people talking about the issue.

IMO, this thread should be in IMO.
Oh, thank you! It took me awhile to come back to the site after reading some of the comments in this thread. I only confessed to my former problem because I thought it might help inform people and ease the stigma, just as you said... but it doesn't seem to have worked. Your post means a lot to me.