Real World Brooklyn premiers tonight and it's where I work!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Real World Brooklyn premiers tonight and they lived on pier 41 where I worked. We actually did the landscaping, plant design for them. When I first found out they were going to be filming there, I was pissed, thought they were going to be a bunch of idiots and intrusive on the rest of the pier businesses. The cast was actually very nice and polite, they came to a couple of parties my boss had, he loves to cook and entertain! So basically I saw them every day, I might slip in a shot or two! It's going to be weird to know all the places and background shots!
Also my friends dog that was stolen, Mango, who is pretty famous right now but still missing, will probably end up in a shot or two......we miss you Mango! I actually even told one of the cast about TCS on one of my chats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, yeah....your typical sort-of-reality soap opera introduction
. But for me all the juicy details I didn't know are coming out! But most importantly I got to see the garden design we did. Every shot of the pier, when they are walking and their yard, all the planting was done by me and a co worker!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds very cool. I wish I could watch, but I don't have cable. I'm in LOVE with NYC, and would give almost ANYTHING to be able to move there.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So you both went from Manhattan to Brooklyn, so did you walk across the bridge or use the subway?

I grew up in Yonkers and I know my way around Manhattan and the Bronx, but I really had never been to Brooklyn. Two years ago I was in town and I decided to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge to find this famous pizza place. After I crossed the bridge, there were Dumbo signs. I am thinking, what did this neighborhood do to get the rights from Disney? Then I looked at the acronym and realized it was for
own Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass. So, you don't have to pay a royalty to Disney!