RAWZ foods manufacturer out of stock?

cylon.descendant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
After much difficulty finding a food that worked for my IBD/pancreatitis cat (after KOHA discontinued it's LID shredded duck in Canada), I ended up feeding him RAWZ (the Duck and Rabbit canned varieties) -- thanks to the recommendation from someone on this forum. It's been working well for him and he hasn't seemed to have a flare-up since I've been feeding it to him over the past week.

But now that I'm trying to order more, the two pet stores I usually go through have both told me that they haven't been able to get any more in as the manufacturer is out of stock. The one employee told me that the Duck, Rabbit, Beef, and Chicken pates are all unavailable from the manufacturer right now, and they have been really unreliable with their canned food over the last 18 months. (Not sure if it might be covid-related).

Anyway, I'm wondering if others are encountering this issue? Is this a Canada-specific thing, or affecting RAWZ customers everywhere? Does anyone have any info from the company on when things might be restocked? I really hate having to go back to the drawing board again with my cat, because it has been so difficult to find any food that works for him (he has intolerances to many proteins and ideally should have a low/moderate fat diet for his pancreas issues).

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve had periodic issues with Rawz in this time frame too. I just bought some rabbit and pumpkin as I couldn’t get the plain rabbit flavor. I order from Incredpets.com, not sure if that’s available to you. A note of caution, their inventory sometimes isn’t accuracy and I've had them cancel or reduce my orders once in a while.

CHIKITTIES

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:sigh: Same here, my "special order" placed more than a month ago are still not showing up. Last time it took 2 months (ordered on 12/2020 - received 2/2021). Rabbit and Pumpkin are around but texture is quite different, kitties don't eat those.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a bookmark folder with the Rawz retailers that carry the rabbit formula. Back when my angel Krista was still with me, I would open all those bookmarks into tabs and go through each tab looking for who has cases this month. I miss her terribly. I don't miss the monthly rabbit hunt.

These have rabbit or rabbit and pumpkin currently in stock. Didn't check duck.

Canada retailers

Search: 10 results found for "rawz"
My Fluffy Friend's Pet Shop

These are US retailers. Shipping might hurt. But it's better than a cat's angry gut or butt.

RAWZ 96% Rabbit Pate for Cats
RAWZ 96% Cat Rabbit Pate 5.5oz Case
https://www.heartypet.com/products/rawz-96-rabbit-pate?_pos=2&_sid=c366720c3&_ss=r
Wet Cat Food

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is just a last ditch advice, but I live in the US and found Rawz at a speciality/fancy pet store that was not listed on Rawz's website store locator. It might be an option worth trying to see if you have any kind of stores like that and call if they carry the cans. The unlisted store I found had even more flavors available compared to the one I usually go to which is listed on Rawz's site!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cylon.descendant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for sharing your experiences and the links/tips! I will definitely check out those sites and see if I have any luck. If not, I will call around to more stores in my area and see if I can find any that way. It feels a bit like panning for gold! Lol.

If Smaug just had one or two fewer intolerances, food shopping would be so much easier!