Random cat meowing for my cat

Alexxxx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! So for afew weeks now a random cat has been meowing at our door wanting my cat (pigeon - that’s her name) to come outside. At first we thought it was innocent and thought this stray cat wanted mine to come out and play (my cat spends a lot of her time outside) but recently he has been sat in our back garden meowing until he sees my cat and she doesn’t like it. Just today pigeon was in our kitchen and the stray cat (we assume it’s a boy) was meowing until he saw her at the door. When he did he got closer and kept on meowing but my cats fur stuck straight up and she got to higher ground on our work top and looked at him through a window. Our shih zu is very laid back and fine with cats but whenever this one comes around he’s very protective over pigeon and I’ve noticed she came home with a scratch on her nose and a scab on her head, I’m worried this stray is fighting or bullying her and we just don’t know what to do! The stray even came into our house when our back door was left open to look for her! Any advice or possible explanations would be nice :) pigeon is fully spayed and she seems very
nervous around this male

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS. I think you need to find out more about this cat - such as does he belong to someone in the neighborhood? He may have been abandoned and looking for help. It may not be Pigeon that he is interested in, bur rather someone to feed him and take care of him. So, if I were you, I'd take a pic and go around the neighborhood to see if you can find his owner. If no one claims him, you probably should contact the local ASPCA and/or shelters/rescues to see if anyone can help trap him. He can then be checked for a microchip in case someone lost him.

In your search around the neighborhood, you may actually run into some other oat owners who would be willing to help you trap him if the above mentioned groups cannot help.

If Pigeon is bothered by him, it would probably be best to keep her inside for now.