Raid Essential Oil... safe for cats?

PowderCat212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I have a 2 year-old colorpoint—he’s my baby and just trying to be safe.

We live in an older building and have had to do more cooking due to Covid19. Well, cooking brought in a monster roach... my biggest fear.

I didn’t spray Raid (the regular kind) but bought a form of Raid made with Lemongrass that says it’s safe for kids and pets... anyone have experience with that?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!
The ASPCA states lemongrass oil is toxic to cats and dogs (I don't know in what amount however), and to look for any stomach upset. I'm assuming you followed directions, kept everyone out of the area until the raid dried, and don't let your furry one investigate and lick at the area.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PowderCat212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes! I kept him out and it’s dried. I just didn’t know if the smell would aggravate anything. I’m a bit of a helicopter parent with him :/

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PowderCat212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I actually did set up an air purifier! Powder is my first cat so I just want to be careful!

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is helpful. My building did fumigation, but I didn't allow them in my apartment because I couldn't be there and didn't want Puar faced with that. I think a couple of my neighbors who have cats and probably did the same thing because the other day I saw a roach in the hallway. Was going to look for something I could use safely in my apartment, just in case~!