Ragdoll - Day 65 In Labour I Think

Carrie84

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hiya,

New to this site - my Russian blue ragdoll is day 65 today and I think she might be labouring - it's her second litter (first litter was small just 2) and I didn't really notice anything with her - she gave birth day 68 to do large boys weighing 136g and 138g.

Her temp just now is 98.7 and her respiratory rate is 60RPM - she is losing her green mucous plug and been overly affectionate with me today. Constantly cleaning herself and licking her nipples. She has still managed to eat bits too.

Last time the first I knew she was in labour was when I woke up to get laid next
To me 1/2 pushing her kitten out ! So this is all new. She's more tolerant with the kids as well which normally doesn't give them the time of day!

So in people's opinion would you expect kittens to be imminent ? Hope so I'm
Back at work Saturday and I work out of town (I'm a midwife) and won't be back until Sunday night.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would think her kittens would be near from what you are describing. Let us know how it goes, we love kitten photos too.

Despite that love for kittens I would encourage you to get your cat spayed after this litter. It is better for your cats long term health to be spayed and there are plently of adorable kittens who need a home already.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I concur with everything Kieka is saying, none the less, Welcome to the cat site! :wave3:. Please do keep us informed in your queen's progresses and yes, please send us pictures. What is the name of your mama cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Carrie84

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well .. no kittens yet she was restless all night and kept me up ! Still losing mucous and temp slightly lower @98.6. Hope it's today because I'm at work tomorrow !

Mamma is called Gracie ❤

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you a breeder? She is beautiful, I had never heard of a Russian Blue Ragdoll before!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Carrie84

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are you a breeder? She is beautiful, I had never heard of a Russian Blue Ragdoll before!
Well I don't do it professionally - but I have a keen interest in breeding - she is pretty rare so I'm told ! She gave birth to 2 black boys in her first litter - something that you don't really see (so I'm told!)
She has being bred with a proven stud - with all the necessary papers and testing etc - and he is a seal point.

This is something I plan on going into professionally - I've just finished my degree so have the time to invest in breeding now

Alypashong01

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is she a Russian Ragdoll mix I have seen this before and they are beautiful cats. I have a kitten Ragdoll and he is so sweet he is a solid as his dad is a mink. Sounds like you have your hands full in a good way good luck please post pics when the babies arrive!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where did you get Gracie if she doesn’t have papers?

I understand the appeal of your beautiful girl, but if you’re interested in building a breeding program, it’s really worth waiting after this litter. You’ll want a registered pedigree female who can have registered kittens. The stud’s owner really shouldn’t be allowing him to mate with unregistered cats...