Question of the Day, Wednesday, September 21,2022

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good day and a very Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :angelcat: We all get distracted by our daily routines, caught up with appointments, work, chores, paperwork, etc. We sometimes forget to show our gratitude by a simple act of kindness. It can be anything from opening a door for someone, helping a co-worker, thanking the mail carrier or cashier at the grocery store, sending a text with a hug to let a loved one know you're thinking of them, calling an old friend for no particular reason and more. No matter how small showing your gratitude makes this crazy world we live in a better place.

Today is World Gratitude Day: World Gratitude Day It is a day everyone can celebrate by remembering the importance of a kind and thoughtful gesture, showing appreciation for something or someone you are truly grateful for.

QUESTION OF THE DAY - HOW HAVE YOU SHOWN GRATITUDE RECENTLY?

Yesterday I called a close friend who found out she was diagnosed with cancer. I was grateful she confided in me and in turn she was grateful that I cared and listened to her concerns. I plan to check on her progress and well being because she means a lot to me. :hearthrob: I also expressed my infinite gratitude to our feline vet who has gone above and beyond to help Carleton including a recent emergency visit.👩‍⚕️

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
On Saturday, Rikki (who is only 15 months old) had a huge emergency which was presenting just like a blockage. I called three ERs, all of whom told me that they were so slammed with patients that it would be hours before they could get to him, even if I did bring him in. The fourth was able to take him. I thanked the other three for being upfront with me when they could have taken him in and let him sit in a cage for hours, figuring that eventually they would be able to charge top dollar for their treatment.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well yesterday i sent out a mass txt to all my cousins to let them know. i love and am proud of them all along with inform them of my current health issues then spent the morning explaing and replying to them all. with the gf i have yet to figure out a worthy way to show my gratitude to her for all she has done for me during our time together a thank you and i love you are just words and dont seem enough for a person who played a part in saving your life during a stroke. thats not counting all the the ways she took care of me after and during my recovery from that. even now with this possible lung cancer she is right at my side making the appointments etc. all while being an emotional wreck. best i have been able to do is lay/sit at her side while she cries herself to sleep each night since this possible lung cancer issue began.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Not much of an act of kindness; but, today during our Cornhole league. One woman could not throw the bean bag. We were all trying to help her; Still she kept missing or falling short or long .At one point, We told her to step back a bit. She did not get it.. I got up and put my foot where we thought it would help her. She SCORED! and was so Happy.. She kept thanking me.. it is a small thing, but.. it felt good.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
After Tag passed, I spent a lot of time on the phone or texting the people who were there for me during it all and thanked them. I don't think they'll ever really know how much I appreciate their kindness. They didn't have to have ideas or "help", just being there means the world. The vet he saw during this time had people (customers, friends, etc.) in and out many times we were there and EVERY single one of them had something positive to say for us, and a few people she called and let me talk with them as they'd been through similar things (one is now a friend I think the world of!) I'm hoping if she gets someone facing a similar case some day, she picks up the phone and calls me and lets me talk to them. It'd be my way of giving back.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know we have these neighbors that we just adore,and they;re always doing something for us...maybe just a phone call to see how we're doing or she's going to town,do I need anything and we do the same as well.I know she's a pickled beet fan,and I know she loves my lime pickles,so I had made a fresh batch of beets and ran her up half of it,a new jar of cinnamon lime and a fresh loaf of bread.She hates to cook,but when she does,she's a good cook,so I told her one of these days to go thru her beef roasts and send one down.I would make her a german meal of beef and beer with onions and some spaetzle,and she would have leftovers,which she loves.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually send small gifts or call people I feel grateful to, or a simple text message saying how important they are in my life..

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
On Saturday, Rikki (who is only 15 months old) had a huge emergency which was presenting just like a blockage. I called three ERs, all of whom told me that they were so slammed with patients that it would be hours before they could get to him, even if I did bring him in. The fourth was able to take him. I thanked the other three for being upfront with me when they could have taken him in and let him sit in a cage for hours, figuring that eventually they would be able to charge top dollar for their treatment.
Is he okay?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I've had to pick up numerous prescriptions in the last several weeks: antibiotics, pain meds, not to mention my normal scripts that came due. I told "our" pharmacist yesterday that I really appreciated her taking care of my prescriptions and answering my questions. She's really a sweetheart and every time we go in, we talk about gardening and food. She is an avid gardener and food prepper. I wanted her to know that we appreciate her.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I text DH after I got up to thank him for running the dishwasher this morning. I went to start it and add some dishes and they were all clean and warm waiting for me.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thanked my dad for helping me move a dresser and fix my lawn mower. I'm pretty much always thanking my dad for help around my house being a single woman with not much home repair skills.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
He is doing well and seems back to normal. It was a raging case of FLUTD, so we are in the process of making changes to diet and proceeding from there.
Good luck, fingers crossed for Rikki. :crossfingers: Please keep us posted if the diet changes help. And since this QOD is about gratitude. I'm ever so grateful for your quick action in finding an ER that would examine him.:sickcat: