Question of the Day, Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I binge. If there is a show I am interested in then I usually wait until the weekend and just watch the whole thing in one or two sittings (unless it's a long show with multiple seasons).

For books, it depends on my mood. Sometimes I will binge read book after book after book without taking a break in between each. I'll finish one and immediately jump into another. Then there are times I will read one book and go weeks or months without reading another.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm always reading at least 2 books at a time (usually one physical book and then one audiobook). When it comes to TV shows, I only stream things, so if there is something that interests me, I'll likely watch a season over a few days or if it's the weekend I'll watch the whole thing. I really only keep current on shows on network TV that are also on Hulu, so like Brooklyn 99, The Good Place, and Superstore. Since school started up in September I haven't had a lot of time to watch TV, so I haven't done it that much lately.

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I scored a pretty good deal with our cable company several years ago that gives us 4 DVR's and almost every channel the cable company offers. My wife records shows on the 2 DVR's in the living room and our bedroom. I record shows on the 2 DVR's that are downstairs in what we call our entertainment rooms. There are a few shows that we both record (9-1-1, Young Sheldon, Superstore, Last Man Standing). Otherwise our tastes in TV shows are quite different. We have Amazon Prime and so have access to their streaming service.

We have both become very spoiled by only watching shows recorded on the DVR's. Watching live television and having to sit through commercials is unbelievably annoying. :livid:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tend to binge, for the same reason as Tik cat's mum Tik cat's mum - I'm impatient to see how things resolve. I just found out that one of my favorite book series, Liavek, is available for $2.99/book for my Nook and I'm gradually acquiring all of them as I finish each one off.

I remember in the mid-1980s seeing a new book series that looked interesting, but there was no way I was going to start it until the final book came out in paperback. Unfortunately, I was a victim of my own presuppositions: I assumed it was a trilogy. There were actually 5 books in the series, and I bought the first 3 in paperback and only discovered that volume 4 had just come out in hardback about the time I got to the end of volume 3. I waited until volume 4 came out in paper and bought it, and waited anxiously for volume 5. Fortunately, we were living in a very small town at the time (all of one bookstore), and the clerk at the bookstore was also interested in the series. So as soon as volume 5 came out she put herself on the waiting list for it at the library, and when she got hold of it she read it through in about a day or two and then dropped the library book off with me, knowing that I'd read it quickly and return it to the library for her. Only in a small town...

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am sorry to report that today I had to discontinue my STARZ subscription through Hulu. But my rent went up a bit, and the budget is tight, so I made the decision...HOWEVER...I did first ensure that the Outlander series IS available on DVD! I'll have to wait a year to get the new season when it comes out, but I can live with that! And Hekitty can continue to live in the manner to which she is accustomed.

Oh, those commercials! That's why I always had a DVR before I ditched cable. Now, with Hulu and Netflix, I'm unwilling to pay the extra to go commercial-free (although they are limited commercials), but I read during the commercials, so I DOUBLE BINGE! TV and books at the same time!

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm a binger for certain. I am also awaiting a trilogy of books to arrive tonight. I have to run an event tomorrow and need to prep my speech. Will I do that or read? I could wing the speech as I know what I need to say. The books are calling to me. They are not here yet but I hear them from across the interstate "We are coming, join us, lose yourself and all sense of time in us" and the little bookish voices are probably going to win.

But yeah I binge netflix and prime like crazy too.