Question of the Day Wednesday Oct 13

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Primula

Just read an outstanding review of this movie in The New Yorker.
The direction was wonderful, which was good for me to see, because this is the guy directing the first American movie of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.....David Fincher. I loved these books, and it should be interesting the way he handles this first one.

Also, the girl chosen to play the main character, Lisbeth Salander, Rooney Mara, is in The Social Network, so it was interesting to see her work too.

Yup....I thought it was an excellent movie.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nanner

The direction was wonderful, which was good for me to see, because this is the guy directing the first American movie of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.....David Fincher.
Haven't read any of the books, but Dragon Tattoo is in my Netflix Q. I did not like Fincher's Fight Club very much (it sent me to sleep), but I have recently seen Seven. I had to watch it twice, very strange movie, but good.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Primula

Haven't read any of the books, but Dragon Tattoo is in my Netflix Q. I did not like Fincher's Fight Club very much (it sent me to sleep), but I have recently seen Seven. I had to watch it twice, very strange movie, but good.
Ooh....Seven was so creepy! Good, but really creepy. I didn't see Fight Club, or The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, but I did think Panic Room was really compelling.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nanner

Ooh....Seven was so creepy! Good, but really creepy. I didn't see Fight Club, or The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, but I did think Panic Room was really compelling.
I couldn't remember the other Fincher movies so good you reminded me. Panic Room, only so-so. Interesting that Kristen Stewart played her daughter in that movie and now she's really big. Hated with a passion Button. Bailed out after 30 mins or so. Fight Club, very strange, more of a guy's movie I think you might say.