Question of the Day, Wednesday, November 15, 2023

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :kitty: We've been having perfect fall weather and right now the sun is shining directly on the front of my house. The front door which faces East is open but the storm door is locked so Carleton can bask in the sun which he loves to do.:coolcat:

WHICH DIRECTION DOES THE FRONT DOOR OF YOUR HOUSE OR APARTMENT FACE?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
South. The last two houses have faced south, but the house I grew up in faced east and I thought that was really the best direction.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
South. And until I got a new door, and didn't keep a storm door, Ruby would bask in the sun on the mat. It's not all bad though, as the living room window, with her little condo, also faces south, so she can still sun herself.

1700068390021.png

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
North,and my kitchen faces south,so when it's sunny in the afternoons,guess who congregates where!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
South. I can't keep it open, because it would mean Mum was sitting in a draught, and I'd be getting an earful of the neighbours' radios and televisions. When the girls want to sunbathe they do it in my north-facing bedroom. The back door and panel there are all glass - I got UV screen put in because Daisy would be susceptible to sunburn with her white fur and pink nose.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
West. But I never use the front door. The front hall is litter box central. With five cats, I have litter boxes everywhere, but that is a quiet spot and gets the most use.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Main entrance is North. My own entrance faces the East, which I really like because most of the wind, rain, and snow comes out of the west so I'm nice and shielded. :cold:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
West. But I never use the front door. The front hall is litter box central. With five cats, I have litter boxes everywhere, but that is a quiet spot and gets the most use.
I wonder what the mail person thinks when they come to your front door with a package delivery. :biggrin:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I honestly have no idea, I'm so bad with directions. I grew up near Lake Erie, and I always knew toward the Lake was North. In addition, the main streets in town were an East-West grid, starting at State Street, so I was a bit more oriented there. If I got lost, I could eventually find a numbered street and go from there. I get lost very easily and can't read a map. I have so many stories I could tell about being lost, but thankfully, I've always been able to ask someone or get myself out of it. These days I just stick pretty close to home.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our house faces south. Our bay window in the living room has a large pillow for the girls to nap in the sun. The windows in the bedroom face south; there's a catnapper at one window and a large stand with a pillow for them to nap. The foot of the bed gets a lot of sun in the winter, when the sun is lower in the sky.

Since we installed a better storm door, we can keep the front door open on really sunny days, even during the colder months. Tabby, esp, loves to stretch out in the sun on the foyer floor.