Question Of The Day, Wednesday, May 23, 2017

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know it's Spring now, but this came to me, and I certainly won't remember it by next winter.

What is your favorite leisure activity on a cold, snowy winter day, or a wet, windy Spring day, for that matter? Read? Games? Crafts? What do you do to while away the time?

For me, reading is always my go-to. It started when I was very young. We lived in an area where the only kids were either 5 years younger or 5 years older than I was, so I was alone most of the time. Books took me places that I never new existed. My first foray into Science Fiction came when I was about eight years old. It was Robert Heinlein's "Citizen of the Galaxy." I remember to this day turning each page with SUCH excitement, wanting to know what was happening to Thorby next. Yes, 56 years later and I still remember the hero's name! THAT is what a good book does to me.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Winter is usually football season. That being said, while Rick is out in the living room yelling at some player on tv, I'm snuggled in bed, under the electric blanket with several cats, my Nook and my iPad. I can easily spend an afternoon (and evening, too, for that matter) with my nose in a book.

There are afternoons when I'll grab a bag of peanut M & Ms or a large bowl of Cheez-its and a Pepsi and spend the entire time in bed, munching down and reading. (If I have Cheez-its, I must share them with Mollipop. :lol:)

I've also been known to spend a winter's Saturday afternoon by the oven baking batches of cookies, much to Rick's delight.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me it's the computer and TV. I used to read a lot but I have problems with my eyes and it's hard for me to read books and newspapers. I used to love a good mystery.

Muffy

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Baking some cake or read a book!
When my kids were younger we would always bake together on a cold, snowy day which there is no shortage of here.
Of course, I'd have an extra cup of coffee too. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL...we need to all meet up at a big, comfy lodge with a huge fireplace and a good library!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH GOD! I SO wanna be there! Too bad we can't get a Cat Con organized! Not sure how I'd ever afford it, but wouldn't it be fun?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's always curling up under a blanket with a good book and a cat or two for me!

My Mom always cooked and baked during bad weather. If we were stuck home; we'd eat good. If we had to dig out after a blizzard; we'd come in to a warm dinner. Sometimes I wish I were more like that; but I'm coming to the conclusion I'm just not. ;) I enjoy it to an extent; but not as much as I used to. It's not a leisure activity for me unless I'm in the mood or have a purpose. Like putting up zucchini breads for winter. I'd rather throw something like chili in the crock pot.