Question of the Day, Wednesday, June 14, 2023

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good afternoon and another Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :lovecat2: Yesterday it was unseasonably cool, rainy and an overall dreary day so I decided to get a head start with our bills. It's been a particularly bad month due to unexpected expenses but the bills still have to get paid. :rolleyes2: It's the bills I'm not anticipating that always throw me for a loop.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST EXPENSIVE MONTHLY BILL?

Our mortgage is the biggest bill we have to pay every month followed by our package for cable, internet and phone that is bundled together.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely the mortgage. After that it's the electric bill.
With all the computers, heat lamps for reptiles and the cooler in the summer, it gets rather high.
Plus, we are not on city water, so the well pump draws an awful lot of power, and we have to have a small heater on in the winter in the pump house so the pipes don't freeze.
Plus..plus...The electric company seems to think that everyone has a stack of gold in storage and keeps raising the rates.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rent also followed by the cable/internet package. I have started with streaming. I am hoping to be weaned off of the TV part of the bill by the end of the year. Will see how it goes, it depends on how expensive having enough of the streaming services to satisfy me is. If I wouldn't be saving much I will just go back to the one streaming service that I have now and keep the cable TV.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Utilities is my highest. It’s water, electric, sewer and trash but my monthly set aside to pay property taxes and insurance is considerably higher than that.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Cable/internet is ridiculous
:yeah: Ya, I completely agree! After the mortgage that is our most expensive monthly bill. We used to have a two year contract to lock in the rate but they've changed it to one year which I'm sure means they will raise it again. 🙄

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mortgage, which even that isn't very much compared to other people (a little over $1000). My gas bill is over $200 in the winter (I have an old furnace, I need to get my dad to replace it) and my electric is over $100 in the summer. The electric bill will probably be higher this summer since I've been running my kiln.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Most of our utility bills etc arrive three monthly. I don't have a mortgage, so I guess it's my internet/phone.