Question of the day Wednesday January 6

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
As I was getting holiday gifts for Poppycat, i found one where the photo provided a decent approximation of its size. I thought that was the case with the second one but when it arrived, I was a bit dismayed to see that it was very large.

I was just sure he'd be put off by how big it was, but he really liked it :)

Has your cat surprised you with either acceptance of a toy, or rejection?

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was shocked that Boone wasn't afraid of the Floppity Fish he got this Christmas as he is a major wuss. He loved it though. Also, how much Gracie enjoyed me blowing bubbles that I got from Chewy. They were thick so they didn't pop right away. They would get stuck on her whiskers and it was hilarious.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I got Pants, I figured that since he was only 10 months old he would still play. However, he was much too scared and ignored every toy I gave him. He still is a bit apprehensive of toys if they are moving fast, but I've seen him pounce on things still :)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mooch is scared of the catnip bubbles. I had seen so many posts here about how great they were so when I came across some I got them. Noodles was nuts and it was hilarious. Mooch went and hid in the laundry room by the litter boxes! She was sitting there with one eye out the door. :lol:
:lol: I tried the catnip bubbles on the girls too. They were interested for about 10 seconds then got bored.

I bought them an adorable toddler chair that was shaped like a unicorn. It was soft and fluffy and the seat was just the right size for them to relax in and use the arm rest as a pillow. What was my fatal mistake? I said, "Look sweetie! Mommy got you a new chair. See how soft it is?" I should have said, "Ok girls. Mommy got a new chair. Don't sit on it because it is MOMMY'S chair." They would have been all over it. I tried everything including catnip spray. Nope. I ended up washing the cover and giving the chair to a coworker for her little girl who loves it.

They do like watching me play Animal Crossing on the Nintendo Switch. I have it connected to the TV and they like to try to catch the character when she runs around the screen by tapping at it. :lol: :dancingblackcat::dancingblackcat:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They like the Yeowww catnip banana and cigars. Demi loved a Raccoon dog toy, but he destroyed it. I should get him another one. He has this obsession with raccoons, he even tried to be friends with one under the garage door. They also love packing paper, especially the corrugated kind. And anything on a wand, if you play with them.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was surprised when Maisie started showing more interest in toys that were green. Her favorite toy is a green ball. She destroyed another green ball I got. I just found it weird that she likes green. When my parents' cat was living with us for a month, he was OBSESSED with the Yeowww catnip banana. When I brought him back to my parents' house, I let him keep the banana since my cats have a few other Yeowww toys.

When I first moved into my house, Remy somehow found a twist tie from a bunch of kale. I only found it weird because I don't know how he got it. I was fairly certain that I had thrown that away, but apparently not.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have two flat scratchers under the stairs, but for some reason Puar really loves one and not the other. At first, it was because one had a little cutout with a jingle ball inside that he could fish for, but now he's long since fished it out, but that scratcher is nearly worn out while the other is almost untouched!
This is the one he loves:
1609987014643.png

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lovely comfy warm and cosy cat beds. They won't touch them. They don't even care when a visiting canine appropriates them.

View attachment 365434
I'd say doggie just got a new favorite present since the cats don't like it. I have two cat beds. One has never been used except a place to store their toys. The other occasionally gets used but more for something for Gracie to drag around a room or for Boone to hop in to stop said dragging.