Question of the Day, Wednesday, January 1, 2020

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't lose weight until I stopped dieting. 25 years of torturing myself and I never lost an ounce. Now I eat 2 meals a day of whatever I want (dinner plate or sandwich) and I walk for 2 hours per day. I'm down to 143 pounds, hoping to get to 135.

My new years resolution is to get the Frontline on Demi & Maggie, give them their deworming pills, clean their ears, and trim their nails. Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it! :devilish:
I just read a book about the not-dieting diet called the F*** It Diet by Caroline Dooner. It was very enlightening. Considering I've been dealing with disordered eating my entire life, it's been such a change to try and not think about my weight.

To answer the original question, I don't do resolutions anymore.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I never make resolutions. It feels like they are made to be broken. :lol: If I want to change something or set a goal; it’s more motivational for me to focus on small, sustainable changes and not think about big picture or the formality of calling it a resolution. Then it you break it or fall off the wagon there is no guilt; you just keep going.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Not an official resolution, but as always, I just want to try to get more exercise.
LOL, same here. Feels like after taking care of the cats, cleaning the house, laundry, ironing clothes, etc after I come home from office it seems there is no time and strength to hit the gym or do some jogging. :lol:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I never make resolutions. It feels like they are made to be broken. :lol: If I want to change something or set a goal; it’s more motivational for me to focus on small, sustainable changes and not think about big picture or the formality of calling it a resolution. Then it you break it or fall off the wagon there is no guilt; you just keep going.
Same

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I didn't lose weight until I stopped dieting. 25 years of torturing myself and I never lost an ounce.
I'm so in touch with that. And the Fast Diet isn't a diet, per se. You pretty much eat normally five days a week and restrict your calories to 550 (women) or 650 (me) on two NONconsecutive days a week. Even for me, that's quite doable. There are lots of things I enjoy eating that will keep me under 550 calories. Wouldn't want to do it every day, but two days a week, and those not in a row, will be simple enough.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm so in touch with that. And the Fast Diet isn't a diet, per se. You pretty much eat normally five days a week and restrict your calories to 550 (women) or 650 (me) on two NONconsecutive days a week. Even for me, that's quite doable. There are lots of things I enjoy eating that will keep me under 550 calories. Wouldn't want to do it every day, but two days a week, and those not in a row, will be simple enough.
I know it's a "semi-fast", but that is really low daily calorie intake. Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 , You're not diabetic, right?