Question of the Day, Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard that too neely neely .

Some superstitions probably had some roots in truth - opening umbrella inside a small house could hurt someone, and breaking a mirror back when they were super expensive was a large loss. And in this thread we saw why walking under a ladder is a bad idea! Cats (idk why black ones in particular)were crossing your path to catch the plague filled mice - oops, you're sick now too.

I don't think I'm super superstitious, but maybe a little. I'm pretty sure Murphy's Law is true. It would be nice if karma existed, too, but then I think it comes after me for all my not nice thoughts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I live at number 13, so I have to ignore them!
Ah...number 13! It is considered bad luck now because of it's association with the Great Goddess, who was a lunar diety, and there are 13 lunar months. I live at #13, as well, and chose that one out of 3 available downstairs units! My landlady was very pleased to have it off of her hands!

The full moon effect is well known in the teaching community.
And with mental health workers, as well! Patients with issues resulting in manic behavior tend to be worse on the full moon. Another thing I noted...patients with severe depression tended to be more prone to self-harm at the DARK moon!