Question Of The Day, Wednesday February 25th!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning!
I was lazy this morning (my cold is still hanging on, and on, and on...) and I slept in later than usual!

Here's today's Question Of The Day!

Do you have a particular breed of cat that you are especially drawn to? If money were no object, do you think you would get one?

I totally love the looks of NORWEGIN FOREST CATS. I'm completely done away by their gorgeous long, fluffy fur, and their sweet expressions. I also love the looks of SELKIRK REX. I really know nothing about the breed, but fell in love with the looks when I saw one at a cat show (that curly fur is a hoot!!!....and incredibly soft!)

I'm not sure if I would own a pure breed cat, even if money were no object. All of my cats have been rescues (feral or animal shelter) and they've been the best pets I could ever have wished for. Perhaps I'd consider a retired Norwegian breeding cat...but probably, I'd just try to find a 'look alike' in a shelter. The little I know about Selkirk Rex (some history of PKD in some lines) makes me a little skittish. I know far too much about renal failure! Perhaps God would put one in my future, as He seems to give me CRF cats to care for, lol!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a big fan of Norwegin Forest Cats, and Maine Coon Cats mainly because of the coloring. I don't think however I would purchase one knowing how many cats there are in shelters to choose from. I may not get a pure breed but I am sure I could get on to look pretty much the same.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm currently owned by a Norwegian, but I was raised by a Siamese, she taught me everything I needed to know.
I do hope to someday have another meezer.

devanagara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think I would want a Devon Rex or Sphynx cat. I love their elegance.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like a Bengal and Neil wants a Norwegin Forest Cat as well.

There are some available in rescus for Petfinders but not many.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always wanted a Sphynx and have one now.
I also would love a Peterbald but i have found out they can only be shown in tica.
I love Bengals and Ocis also.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Either we would get another Bengal cat or a Savannah. I am hooked on Bengals!!! The more the merrier!!

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's a tough one for me. Before I 'inherited' Anna (Bengal) I was thinking of buying an Oriental Shorthair. I had an ebony smoke OS years ago and really loved the breed. The other cats I've been drawn to are Cornish Rex, modern Siamese and Abyssinians. Now, I wouldn't mind another Bengal.

It's a moot point since the inn is now full.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't say that there's any one breed I would especially want to have. I'd probably never deliberately go for a longhaired breed or a hairless one, though I doubt I'd ever refuse one, but no particular breed surfaces as a must-have for me. Now, DH is another story. I know he'd love to have a meezer again -- and I certainly wouldn't say no!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always had rescues. Maggie was also a rescue and is a DLH. I kind of lean towards fluffy kitties. As far as breeds: Birman, Ragdoll, Persian, Himalayan, Maine Coon and Norwegin Forest Cat. Wait, there's some short hairs that are wonderful too like Siamese, Bengals.... gee this is a really hard question! Every time I think of a different breed - I want one of those! I love em all! lol

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE Maine Coons. Rob and I thought about getting Maine Coons ... except for the steep price tag attached!

We thought Monte was going to look sort of like a MC, he had this long fur when he was a kitten. He just grew into his fur though

I wouldn't trade my 2 shelter kitties for the world though

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Turkish Angoras....I think they're soooooo stunning!
(That's what my little rescue Isabella is)

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Id love an F1 savannah!

but our next is going to be adopted from the shelter, and then i want to get a ragdoll.