Question of the Day, Wednesday, December 27, 2023

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy last Wednesday of 2023! :happycat:

I had to run a last minute errand and rush out of the house yesterday which made me think how long it takes me to get ready when I’m going somewhere. If it’s just to the grocery store or errand type stuff I can be ready in 15 minutes. When I was working full time it took about 30 minutes but if I’m going out to eat, meet friends or have a special occasion and want to put on a little make up it takes me longer, maybe 40-45 minutes. How about you?

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO GET READY WHEN LEAVING THE HOUSE?

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Me? Depends on where we're going, but usually not long at all.

I spend half my life waiting on Rick. It never, ever fails that we're halfway down the steps to the front door when Rick says, "I need to take my pills" or "I have to do this or that or whatever". It. Never. Ever. Fails. We can be going out with friends and are halfway down the driveway in the car and "I forgot my wallet" or "I need my glasses". It. Never. Ever. Fails.

The last time we went out, our friends came to pick us up and, "I can't find my wallet". And mind, he wasn't worried about it until they got here. He and my friend's husband walked the damn yard because the last time he remembered having his wallet was when he was mowing the yard. I refused to go out and look; I am that tired of dealing with it and I refuse to play that silly game. They finally found his wallet under the tree. Why he simply had to have his wallet with him to mow the damn yard is beyond me.

We'll be halfway down the road and he's forgotten something. I think we've turned around in everybody's driveway at least once. Now it's...
Do you have your wallet? Yes.
Did you take your pills? Yes.
Do you have your glasses? Yes.
Do you have your keys? Yes.
Tie your shoes! OK!

You know the show Everybody Loves Raymond? Well, here it's Everybody Waits on Rick.
And can you tell that it frustrates me to no end?

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About the same as you, it really depends on the circumstance! If I am just heading out quickly for errands about 10 minutes. If I am teaching or working, about 15-20 minutes. Special event and I really want to look nice, anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on my starting point. If I have to shower and do my hair as well as make myself look presentable, about an hour...just blow-drying my hair takes 15 minutes...never mind putting in product and styling it. How fast I get ready all boils down to if my hair is behaving that day.
If I'm already showered and hair is done for the day. A quick errand takes me about 10-15 minutes to get out the door, going out somewhere nice could take up to 45 minutes.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Five minutes or less. A check in the mirror to make sure my hair and face is presentable, grab purse and keys, set security and I am out. If it’s a special event I am probably already ready.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on if I'm bringing my kids with me! If I'm going to like the grocery store alone I can be pretty fast. I don't wear make-up, so bathroom, grab purse, coat and keys and out the door.

Trying to get shoes on the toddler and double car seats and making sure the stroller is packed and all really adds to the time exponentially.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I am just going to the store it is only a few minutes. Otherwise, 45 minutes to an hour, that is one of the big advantages to working exclusively remote now. By the time I shower, blow dry my hair, put on makeup and get dressed it is at least 45 minutes.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I need to shower and wash my hair; give me a good hour and a half. If I’m just running into town for an errand and I’m dressed; give me 15 minutes. It’s definitely getting less as my kids get older and can be left behind if needed.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends. If it's just me, not long at all. Get my shoes on if I'm not already wearing them, make sure my phone's in my bag, get my water bottle and make one last trip to the loo. If I'm taking Mum somewhere, it takes at least half an hour.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
If I need to shower and wash my hair; give me a good hour and a half.
Same here that's why I wash, condition, dry and straighten my hair at night. If I had to do it before leaving the house it would take me between an hour and a half to two hours.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on what I’m doing and where I’m going. Normally if I’m just going to the shops it only takes about 15 minutes but if I’m going out properly it takes 30 minutes - 1 hour.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on what I'm doing and when the last time I showered. If I need to shower, then 15 minutes. If I don't need to shower, then less than 5 minutes.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never leave the house without taking a shower,washing my hair...doesn't matter where I'm going.I don't do the make up thing anymore,and my hair is very short,so towel and air dry.I never really pay attention to how long it takes me to get ready to go somewhere.I always make sure I get up early enough to have my coffee and then get ready.