Question Of The Day, Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
WHOOPS! Almost missed it I've been dealing with a sick cat, and not thinking of ANYTHING but that, however, we're just home from the vet, and all will be well! SO...

What author would you choose to write a fictionalized story of your life, and why? I think I'd probably choose Dorothea Benton Frank. I love her prose, and she "gets" my generation of Southern girl-children who were raised by the last generation of "real" Southern Belles. She understands how we struggle with honoring our mothers while living in a world that they barely could comprehend. LOL, but mostly, I just love her prose!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I hope your cat is feeling better. Isn't it strange how our lives come to a stop when they're not at their best?

I'd choose Stephen King. He's one of my favorite authors anyway. Imagine the suspense he could build with some of these sounds we hear that turn out to be cats dragging their unwashed food bowls out of the sink, or giant indoor artificial trees being knocked down in the middle of the night, or the latest from the weekend, leaving a mug cabinet open, having a cat hop inside and the shelf gives out from the weight, causing a loud crash, several broken mugs and a busted shelf. (I won't add the dogs into this mix, because it's his job to write novels, not mine.)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I read his books so many times to my children as well as the students at school that I would have to say none other than Dr. Seuss, (Theodor Seuss Geisel). I can just picture the illustrations. ;)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read his books so many times to my children as well as the students at school that I would have to say none other than Dr. Seuss, (Theodor Seuss Geisel). I can just picture the illustrations. ;)
The Cat in the Hat will never be the same (or better!) :thumbsup:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I hope your cat is feeling better. Isn't it strange how our lives come to a stop when they're not at their best?
Thanks, 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 ! She's much better. Arthritis (she's 11) and the bare beginnings of a URI...not even showing up in the bloodwork yet, but we saw a faint, faint haze on her x-ray. She is currently OUTRAGED at the violation of her royal personage, most especially the barbaric taking of the temperature. We have meds, and will be keeping on top of the arthritis.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hm. That is difficult. I have it down to two
1.) Nathaniel Hawthorne. He has a way of writing about a person's heart without making them seem exposed. My life has enough sadness in my past to give him something with which to work. I just hope that he would be okay giving me a happy ending. (Hawthorne is my favorite author.)
2.) Sir Salman Rushdie. If he could write my life with the magic he wrote "Midnight's Children" I would be happy.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good question.

After careful consideration and a good long perusal of my book shelves I've decided on Tove Jansson, who wrote Tales From Moominvalley. Hopefully she would illustrate it as well.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hm; I'm not sure. Perhaps Sophie Kinsella because I like her way of writing - I recently read Finding Audrey and part of the book was styled as a videochat/vlog, which I thought was pretty cool.