Question Of The Day - Wednesday, August 26th!

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Myself? I have a toddler, if I get 5 minutes to sit on the couch in peace & quiet that qualifies as my me-time for the day!
However it is never all that satisfying, I just get to sit there are look at the mess we've created.

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's usually food. I'm careful with my diet these days, but I occasionally allow myself ice cream, or a cheeseburger...most recently it was fried clams.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Perhaps, spoiling yourself is done by giving others a treat? Or am I just fighting a lost cause, and there really is no spoiling

and thanks for taking the time to answer my previous post
Probably so, that or I really am just cheap and boring.

Actually there is thinking and learning - which I love to spend time doing. But I'm not sure any one else would remotely consider that a fun way to relax, and I consider it a necessity of life instead of a type of reward. lol

Originally Posted by Yosemite

I've bought a new stove, washer, dryer, clothes, shoes, new laundry basket, linens, bathroom accessories and the list goes on.
Oh, a new laundry basket. You rebel, you.
Actually you always strike me as one of the most practical people, in pretty much everything. Enjoy your trip!

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just thought of something else!!

A nice venti iced caramel macchiato from Starbucks. An occasional treat to myself that is completely unnecessary yet SOOOO delicious. And never fails to make me just a bit brighter!

I have one right now as a reward for making a 100% on my first chemistry quiz,

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Probably so, that or I really am just cheap and boring.

Actually there is thinking and learning - which I love to spend time doing. But I'm not sure any one else would remotely consider that a fun way to relax, and I consider it a necessity of life instead of a type of reward. lol

Oh, a new laundry basket. You rebel, you.
Actually you always strike me as one of the most practical people, in pretty much everything. Enjoy your trip!
I don't think you are cheap and boring. Now you want to see cheap - check out my Dutch husband.
But the good part is, he's never boring.

Thinking and learning is a good thing - especially if it something you love to do.

As to the laundry basket - that was actually hubby's idea - I liked the old one I've had for about 40 years. I even spray painted it to match our bedroom, but alas, it has been relegated to the basement and the new one reigns.

You are right actually, I usually am pretty practical when it comes to spending money and usually need to justify spending it. However, my oven keeps turning off and hubby can't figure out why - hence the new stove. My knob on the washer broke off so I've been struggling to get the dial around to where I want it - hence the new washer. My dryer no longer has heat and it probably would cost more to fix it than it is worth (at least 25 years old) - hence the new dryer. As for the clothes, I'll only buy when they are on sale and because I've gained some weight I needed to buy a couple pairs of shorts and slacks/jeans that fit. I didn't want to buy much because I intend to lose this added weight.

Besides, hubby has been saving a bunch of money and I think I need to help him spend it.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Besides, hubby has been saving a bunch of money and I think I need to help him spend it.
Aw, Linda!! That's NOBLE of you!

I'm not very good at spoiling myself, actually. I love spoiling other people, and get great pleasure out of that, but that's not so much a reward I give myself as a benefit that I reap.

As to what constitutes a treat for me, it usually involves food, either a nice dinner out, or making something, not necessarily extravagant, but particularly satisfying. I can glow for days after that.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

However, my oven keeps turning off and hubby can't figure out why - hence the new stove. My knob on the washer broke off so I've been struggling to get the dial around to where I want it - hence the new washer. My dryer no longer has heat and it probably would cost more to fix it than it is worth (at least 25 years old) - hence the new dryer.
Most of those reasons could be fixes just for cost of parts, actually. Especially that old dryer - I hope you donated it somewhere instead of sending it to a landfill.
In the case of the dryer, it would be about a $10 part - those old dryers are easy and typically cheap to fix (unlike newer ones). I'm extremely lucky that DH's father has many years experience doing handyman type work and can fix just about anything.
In fact the in-laws stove was doing the exact same thing your old one was, I can't remember the exact part it needed replaced but it wasn't expensive. Ultimately, though, the older the appliance you're fixing the more difficult it might be to track down a part.

But I can see how those can all be justified to be replaced since newer appliances are more energy efficient and likely safer. Newer washers also have more options.

40 year old laundry basket?! Give it ten more years and you could consider it an antique.

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A nap in the afternoon on the weekend, staying in my PJ's all morning on the weekend, buying new books or getting a professional pedicure.

I used to say a massage but now that I've been training and running long distance, it's almost a necessity.