Question Of The Day, Wednesday, Aug 23, 2017

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you were an item of food, what food would you be? Now, not just "a carrot," make this an entree. Oh, all right, it can be a side dish or a dessert or appetizer, but more than just "a carrot."

I'd like to think that I'm a shepherds' pie. Several very different things that combine to make a warm, satisfying, comforting whole. Stuff that will nourish you, but that soothe the soul. I worry that I'm more my mother's pot roast, pretty much the same ingredients, but a bit overcooked and dry.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'd love to say scones but know that's not an entree and unsure if that counts as a side dish. However, it definitely soothes my soul. :wink:

Last edited:

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cool question. I would say I'm chicken nachos with sliced habanero peppers. If you don't like spicy food you can pick around the peppers fairly easy. If you want something spicier you can eat everything. Just be careful because if it's too hot and you need a glass of milk it might not be available...lol

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My first instinct was to say a Lasagna. I don't really know why though. Maybe spaghetti and meatballs is more like it? With a side salad and some garlic bread. Can I be more than one dish at a time? (That may be the oddest question I have ever asked... :lol: )

Fyrekit(Proud Cat Mommy)

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I...would have to say that usually I'm like my favorite recipe for rhubarb cream cake, rich creamy with a brittle sugary crust and just the tiniest bit of sour. Right now something overly salty and slightly bitter with some spice to it as well since I'm dealing with idiot drivers hitting innocent fur babies because they are either drunk or don't like their color.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My first instinct was to say a Lasagna. I don't really know why though. Maybe spaghetti and meatballs is more like it? With a side salad and some garlic bread. Can I be more than one dish at a time? (That may be the oddest question I have ever asked... :lol: )
You may be as many dishes at one time as you would like to be. Which may be the oddest answer I've ever given :flail:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to be rich and decadent, so I want to be the Bayou Goo pie I had at House of Pies. A crisp, flaky crust. Then a layer of crisped pecans and cream cheese. Next, layers of vanilla and chocolate custard. Finally, huge mounds of real whipped cream with chocolate shavings and powdered sugar.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I want to be rich and decadent, so I want to be the Bayou Goo pie I had at House of Pies. A crisp, flaky crust. Then a layer of crisped pecans and cream cheese. Next, layers of vanilla and chocolate custard. Finally, huge mounds of real whipped cream with chocolate shavings and powdered sugar.
~drools lightly on keyboard~

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is off topic but when you mentioned House of Pies I thought of Houston TX and the Hurricane. Stay safe.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And again off topic, Harvey is downgraded but still VERY dangerous!

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
This is off topic but when you mentioned House of Pies I thought of Houston TX and the Hurricane. Stay safe.
You nailed the location, so I'd guess you spent some time here. We're completely hunkered down here and safe so far, although the worst is supposed to come on Monday. I wish I had a whole one of those pies in the fridge - or maybe a couple. Those things are bodacious.

Come to think of it, if I were one, I'd be eaten in a trice, so maybe not.