Question Of The Day, Wednesday, Aug 1, 2018

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OK, I'm going to wave my magic wand, and send you anywhere in the world to talk with anyone you want to talk with for JUST 30 MINUTES!

Where are you going, and who are you talking with?

LOL, I don't know quite where, as it changes from day to day, but today it was Dubai, and my elder son. He's all over the place, and I rarely manage to catch him in the USA so we can talk. We text, but I miss the sound of his voice!

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I would want to talk to my father. He died when I was 10, and he was gone the majority of the time he was alive because he was in the Merchant Marines. He would only be home a few times a year and only for a few weeks at most. I have no idea what he was like. My mother never spoke of him, either. I have only one photo of him, taken in his uniform in WW II.

I think I'd like to talk to my mother as both of us adults. I only knew her as my mother. I never knew her dreams or what she was like outside of our relationship.

I have so many questions that will never be answered.

Kal_shadowsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Id like to talk to an old friend of mine that I lost touch with about 10 years ago. He lived in Minnesota at the time.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Visit my friend down in Florida.

She has pretty severe MS and isn't doing too well. She isn't well enough for me to travel down for a visit (she's not up for it). I hope in the spring I get to see her.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd go to Derbyshire to visit my grandfather's cousin at her village home since her husband has just passed away and they were together since she was 13 and he was 16, so she hasn't really spent much time at all without him (he was 83 when he died). She's such a lovely person and is one of the most kind-hearted people I know, I feel so bad for her. I just want to give her a hug!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
If it’s someone in the present, I’d have to say the Dalai Lama. Kindness, compassion, happiness: We need more of these.

If I could travel back in time, it would be Abraham Lincoln. I just finished reading Doris Kearns Goodwin’s Team of Rivals. What a remarkable man!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd go wherever my favorite actress, Stana Katic, is so I could talk to her. I have such a girl crush on her, it's a little ridiculous.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Send me to Texas too! I'd go see my brother in San Antonio, as long as my cats could come with me. But I probably wouldn't come back.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Send me to Texas too! I'd go see my brother in San Antonio, as long as my cats could come with me. But I probably wouldn't come back.
I don't know where you live, but people here are heading to hell to cool off. Actual temperatures in Dallas have been as high as 108. Here in the Houston area, it's only been about 102, but with the humidity, the heat index has gotten up to 115. Thank goodness for AC!

Y'all come on down here in the fall, about October, when it's grand. There's lots to see and do, and you'll have a good time, ya hear?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! That would be too much of a coincidence. They take in feral/stray cats now, so if you see a ton of cats in the window, that's the place. ;)