Question Of The Day, Wednesday, April 19, 2017 Another Very Late Edition!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
SO...I now have cable reliably again. Took a bit, but I should be better now.

What do you love most about Spring? What could you do without?

For me, both answers are the same! Although I love seeing everything blooming and turning green again, I'm allergic to over 350 airborne pollens, and it plays havoc with my breathing!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We don't have spring in Florida. We go from our version of winter to summer. When I was up north spring meant NO MORE SNOW. What don't I like? In Florida it means that hurricane season is almost here.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Lilacs. I love the smell of lilacs. We have a large lilac bush at the western end of the house, so when the lilacs start to bloom, I open the windows and let the aroma go completely through the house. I can be in the kitchen and I can smell the lilacs.

Years ago, we lived up at the northern end of town. There was a huge grove of lilac bushes. And every time I drove by, I'd stop the car.....and breathe. I often thought it would be a neat place for a hammock and a couple good books. I just love lilacs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Kat0121 Kat0121 , I spent most of my life in northwest Florida, on the panhandle. I know what you mean. It's either "Too Hot To Breathe" or "Almost Cool Enough to Breathe." I REEEEEEEEALY need to make a move to the north! We have our share of hurricanes here in North Carolina as well. Of COURSE we lose power in the hot months!

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like my spring clothes best of all. It now takes 5 minutes to get dressed. My favorite color is white & I love shorts, Capris, tee shirts & flip flops.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953
What I love best about spring is also what I dislike the most.

Love:
Opening the windows
Fresh air
sunshine
Flowers blooming
trees blooming
warmer weather

Dislike
POLLEN!!! from all of the above!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite thing about spring is "tulips." My least favorite thing is the clean up from winter.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
for me, it's mostly that winter is over! and the spring flowers and grass growing again, being able to open the windows some days (nice to air out the house a bit).

Textsfromthemoon319

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love feeling the weather getting warm and being able to do things outdoors again such as going for walks or runs, I'm in the northeast and those activities are not do-able most of the winter.

Something I don't like about spring is the return of the bugs in my family's house, I generally like bugs but we get these yucky things called cave crickets (google them if you dare ;D) nice thing about winter is they're not around so much but the warming weather draws them out.

jennifurr

To err is human, to purr is feline
Young Cat
Purraise
I love seeing flowers bloom on trees and on the ground. I also like how warm the weather gets. I am not too fond of outdoor allergies. I don't mind the rain, but I'm not too keen on thunderstorms. At least they're better than snow.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I love watching flowers bloom and trees bud (even though they wreak havoc with my allergies), but what's really special is the baby animals. There are already a lot of ducklings and goslings in the river and nearby lakes.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What I love the most is being able to walk outside and enjoy all the flowers blooming, the smells, the sun on my arms, and ALL THE GREEN! Hate ? WEEDS!!!
And most of all, MOLES! I look like an idiot out there on my hands and knees digging those little suckers out of the ground, but I get more of them them then my cats do, I keep hoping they will get competitive!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
For me, both answers are the same! Although I love seeing everything blooming and turning green again, I'm allergic to over 350 airborne pollens, and it plays havoc with my breathing!
That probably sums it up for me also. Another dislike is cleaning the yard up.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love the feeling of the air and watching everything bloom or turn green again. We have a lot of flowering trees around here. And I've been planting tulips and daffodils in my yard the last few years; so they are fun to watch. I need to add crocus this year.

My least favorite thing is definitely they allergies; although I don't suffer like I used to.:thumbsup:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SO...I now have cable reliably again. Took a bit, but I should be better now.

What do you love most about Spring? What could you do without?

I can't think of anything I like about spring. It's too much work. Spring cleaning and a lot of yard work.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- Fresh, clean and lukewarm air.
- Flowers
- Longer days
- Baby animals
- Gentle spring rain
- Less layers of clothing

Not to like....bugs are coming out :lol:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Best thing is being able to spend hours outside again. The worst thing is all that ugly looking crickets that suddenly turn up inside the house.