Question of the Day, Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What to ask, what to ask? My brain is so fried from the news that I'm having a hard time...OH! I KNOW!!!

What unusual talent/ability do you have that surprises most people?

LOL, I can SEX BUNNIES! There's a trick to it, as the boy bunny's boy bits are hidden inside a little pouch on his tummy, there's nothing much exterior at all. I actually got a job once when I desperately needed one because I could sex bunnies! Picture a pet shop, Saturday before Easter, 150 bunnies hopping around in a big enclosure, and 200 people yelling "I WANT A GIRL!" or "I WANT A BOY!" and NOT ONE EMPLOYEE KNOWS THE DIFFERENCE! Plucky girl steps in enclosure, begins sexing bunnies, and handing them out. INSTANT JOB! I worked there for almost five years.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think this is actually a talent but I have a very good memory. I can remember
events that occurred when I was less than 2. If people lie to me about things they
told me or didn't, I can remember what they said, sometimes down to the exact wording.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can do weird things with my joints....but it's not so much a talent as it's an actual disease...but it still surprises people! Might as well make the most of it and creep people out LOL!
I have actual talents, but I wouldn't consider them to be unusual, even if people are surprised when they find out something "new" or unexpected about me.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was able to determine the sex of one of our squirrels. HE was hanging out on the screen door. I Googled and it's not supposed to be easy to tell. But i have no doubts. :lol:

I am double jointed and flexible. DD has inherited the trait. We have freaked a few people out. Her pediatrician laughed and said her joints are still normal. The flexibility exercises in gym class were pretty much the only thing I was naturally good at. :rolleyes: I do think taking dance classes for several years at a young age helped set that ability up.

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this is a talent, but I have a really active imagination. I like writing even though I don't think I'm very good at it. But I've shared some of my writings with a friend who said that I'm talented. :dunno:

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm somewhat private about all the different stuff I do, so often people are surprised not by my talents, but just with the randomness of my experiences. I guess, in a way, that leads people to be surprised by the broad range of topics I have some knowledge of. I get a lot of "How do you know all of this?" reactions. It's because I a) pay attention to details b) spend a lot of time on the internet c) constantly keep aware of world and pop culture news d) have been a lot of places and done a lot of different things and e) am just smart, I guess 😜

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm somewhat private about all the different stuff I do, so often people are surprised not by my talents, but just with the randomness of my experiences. I guess, in a way, that leads people to be surprised by the broad range of topics I have some knowledge of. I get a lot of "How do you know all of this?" reactions. It's because I a) pay attention to details b) spend a lot of time on the internet c) constantly keep aware of world and pop culture news d) have been a lot of places and done a lot of different things and e) am just smart, I guess 😜
I'm like that, too. Sometimes it's just trivia. But I read a lot and absorb a lot. Once a couple of years ago, someone was giving a lecture on ancient Rome and asked repeatedly what was this building, what was that. I named them one by one. People stared at me in astonishment.

Having played a computer game based on ancient Rome helped tremendously.:biggrin:

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can bowl 9 strikes in a row then with great finesse and careful judgement bowl the next 2 balls into the gutter.:paperbag:

ahhh..that elusive 300.

On a more serious note I have synesthesia which lets me see peoples and animals mood in colour..ergo the sayings black with anger, green with envy, feeling blue and so on.
So when I walk past someone and say to them..whats upset you, before they have even spoken gets them by surprise.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm pretty sure I don't have any special abilities.
I believe I am the least talented person in the world, I have no unusual talents or abilities that I am aware of.
I bet you both have something very special that YOU think is just ordinary. In fact, I'd bet my next Social Security check on it. You may not realize just how unique that thing is, but it's there.

I can wiggle my eyeballs. I just learned that it actually has a name. It's apparently called Voluntary Nystagmus. Here's a video example of it (not me).
I can voluntarily vibrate my tympanic membrane (ear drum). That's fairly rare, and most people have to make funny faces to do it. Not me. I just...think about it. I've been trying to figure out which muscles I'm actually using, and I can't! But it sounds, in my own ears, like a cat purring.