Question of the Day - Tuesday, September 26

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! Happy Tuesday!

What is one thing you didn't think you would like until you tried it?

Fresh oysters and lemon. I already wasn't a big fan of oysters, but once I added the lemon juice....oh my goodness! Game changer, now I love it :lol:

cat-steal.gif

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Uttapam, once I tried it I not only loved it but it's become one of my absolute favorite foods.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Avacado. I tried it years ago and hated it. I don't think it was ripe but I didn't know any better.
Only recently I bought a "Ripe and ready to eat" one. I still wasn't keen until someone suggested to simply put salt and pepper on it. It transformed it and now I love em.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cranberries, the dried kind like raisins. I never tried one until a friend made cookies with cranberries. This friend made gooood cookies, so I ate one and it was yummy. I don't go out of my way, but if they are in trail mix, I'll eat them instead of removing them.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
anchovies
When I was in high school I got a job working in a family restaurant (Italian). One of the salads they served was a Ceasar Salad, which came with two anchovies on top of it. One day, I served a salad to a customer and few minutes later, he called me over and said something like "what are those." I told him anchovies, and he asked me to please remove them. I thought it was funny he didn't just remove them himself, but at least he didn't as me to make a new salad. That was a long time ago, funny I still remember it.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Avacado. I tried it years ago and hated it. I don't think it was ripe but I didn't know any better.
Only recently I bought a "Ripe and ready to eat" one. I still wasn't keen until someone suggested to simply put salt and pepper on it. It transformed it and now I love em.
Same here. I didn't like them for years but then tried them again--I can't even remember how they were served that time but I liked them, eat them all the time now.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chinese food in general. I hate pineapple and had the mistaken idea that everything Chinese had sweet and sour sauce on it, but there's so many other things that are delicious!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm kinda liking bread & butter pickles lately! I thought they were too sweet, but I tried them again & I like them now.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About a decade ago, I went to a renaissance festival and they were selling pickles. I decided to get one and I became obsessed. I think I bought 5 more that day. I realized, I love pickles, but ONLY if they are the refrigerator ones. Shelf stable are horrible in my opinion.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh. I'll have to try to find some refrigerated pickles. Didn't know they were different than the shelf stable ones!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pasteles. I’m almost always willing to try new foods so I didn’t say no the first time I was offered one at my step-grandparents. I wasn’t impressed. But then someone said to add ketchup. That made all the difference for me. My aunt says it’s ok because that’s how she likes them too. :lol:

And now I want one! They are really labor intensive from what I know though. No pasteles for me. :disappointed:

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Asparagus. For a long time, I saw it as a carrier for hollandaise. But on my current diet, it is a frequent vegetable, and I've found that I do like the taste of it.

Adnan Hosen

I'm Adnan, and My Cat name MUEZZA
Kitten
Purraise
same here :(
i never liked it