Question of the Day - Tuesday, September 13

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello hello! Happy Tuesday!

Pardon my delay, first day of dance classes for me so was busy 💃 #balleteacherlife

After a good solid years of a pandemic, wars, political changes, unrest or power takeovers, natural or environmental disasters/events, deaths of well known individuals, scientific discoveries and so forth I reckon things are pretty much covered lol but worth a question anyhow:

What major event (Good or bad) do you think will happen in 2023?

My guesses...or "predictions" ->

- I'm sure North Korea will be up to something.
- A successful assassination of a very high profile political leader. Certain individuals come to mind especially, where I wouldn't be surprised if something happened to them - Including a particular leader of a very large Easter European country. There have been assassinations or attempts thereof already this past year, and can only assume it will be a trend that will continue or grow in the future.
- A huge Volcano eruption.
- A breakthrough medical discovery, such as a cure for a serious disease.
- I think this is more wishful or hopeful thinking than a proper guess or prediction, but things turning around for the better for some countries like Ukraine and Afghanistan.
- No major event will happen, mayhaps 2023 will actually be a "normal" year.

Would be something if any of future us came back to this post and responses in 2023 to see what came up or not :lol:

cat-transcendance.gif

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
…I guess I’m still on stun from comprehending the present, so my glass ball needs quite a bit of Windex. 💗 Love the meme, though!!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say a big hurricane or natural disaster is probably a given. I'm hoping for a good thing that the former guy gets sent to prison. :crossfingers: I feel I'd probably be able to give a prediction with more backing behind it after the midterms, but I guess if one party gets control, I think a lot of women's rights will be destroyed. If the other party gains control and majority, things would change very slowly unfortunately because if there's one thing the Dems aren't know for is having a backbone. 😑

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i usually dont waste much energy/time or effort thinking abut the what if's. if/when something happens i will deal with it in the best way i can then. :biggrin:sometimes it will be just make it up as i go along

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What worries me most is that we may see more mass shootings in 2023. :( On a positive note, I'd love to see more stray animals find forever homes. :bluepaw:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
My country will most probably be in economic ruins. I do not like to sound negative, but I hope my fears are wrong. I really do hope so.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think energy and food costs will continue to rise for the next year, pushing large chunks of people into poverty and homelessness. Unemployment in the US will increase dramatically, and anything related to the election will be horribly ugly.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As for animals, the shelter I recently visited a county over has intake 5x its normal rate.