Question of the Day - Tuesday October 29th

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Have I mentioned lately that this spot is available? :lol3: If you are interested in doing Tuesday's QOTD, just send me a PM. :)

Today's question is:

Do you dress more for fashion or comfort?

I definitely dress more for comfort.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another comfort seeking person here. My fave outfit is a long cotton knit housedress. (I have several of them. :lol3: )

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Totally for comfort.  I'm lucky that I can do this also for my job which is unusual for my position - it's because of the type of office we are (design oriented).  It's very casual.

Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I dressed up for anything.  I will have to find something nice to wear for our office holiday party which is already stressing me out.  I'm a hard fit; short, plus sized, so shopping for clothing is always a chore.  It's very hard finding petite plus sized clothing, not a lot of stores carry it.

Thankfully, this isn't going to be a fancy affair (drinks and nibbles in a restaurant) so as long as I'm wearing something better than my usual jeans and a sweater, I'll be fine.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Comfort! I don't care what people think of me and how I dress. I am not there to please them!

sonadora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I like to dress well when I'm going out, even if it's just for one class or a bite to eat! Then when I'm at home, I lounge around in the comfiest clothes possible. It's the best of both worlds, I suppose. :)

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both!  At home, I love to be comfy - lounge pants, tshirt and sweater during the day, pj's and housecoat for the evening. If I just go out for some quick errands, then jeans or shorts with a top.

Outside of that, I also like dressing up a bit, and looking nice. Outfits, colours, earrings, hair done etc

Granted, I also like to be comfy while still looking nice. I'm not big on things like heavy makeup, high heels and whatnot.

While not often, I do really enjoy completely dressing up
 Have one of those mini dreams of going to a ball Vienna or however.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely comfort! T-shirt and jeans in the summer, sweat shirt and jeans in the winter. And ALWAYS tennis shoes! I have to 'dress up' a little for work, but as little as possible, black jeans or cords, and a lot of sweaters!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my 20's and 30's I dressed for fashion and that was a lot of fun! I always wore full makeup, manicured nails, stylish hair, fashionable clothes... But that was when I didn't have so many health (and back) problems. Now I go for the COMF. Even when I dress up the clothes have to be comfortable, and I won't wear heels above 1-1/2".

UGH this makes me feel old....

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Comfort!!  I'm a stay at home mom to toddlers.  They are so rough on my clothing; I swear things don't last like they used to.  

When we go anywhere I will put on some jeans and a nicer shirt; but it's still on the casual and comfortable side.  I just try not to look like a slob.  But when we are home; I'm not wasting good clothing by having it treated roughly!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We have casual Fridays at work, meaning I can wear jeans then. But that's it, unless I'm going out in the field to do measurements or take pictures, things like that. Other days, I wear a lot of dress pants, sometimes I can get away with a pair of Dockers, depending on what I wear with them. Sometimes I'll wear a skirt or a dress, just to keep my co-workers on their toes....they always notice.

Other than that, at home, I'm in sweats during the winter and shorts during the summer. If we're going to be out shopping or running errands, I'll wear a pair of jeans with a sweater and a pair of boots....love my boots.

I was home today, so I wore a pair of grey sweat pants with a light blue t-shirt. White ankle socks. With my hair back in a pony tail. Comfy.

sugarsandz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I dress for both, if I'm at home I don't much care what I look like as long as I am comfy. If I'm going to be out and about then I enjoy dressing more fashionable, not that my sense of fashion is in line with what popular most of the time. At the moment I'm mixing patterns which is becoming popular for whatever reason lol. I've always kind of worn things that are a bit out there. During my 7th grade graduation I wore a lilac gown and also dye my hair purple to match.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It depends on where I am going. For weddings, funerals, church, etc. I wear dresses or suits. They are never too comfortable. For eating out or visiting friends, I usually have on nice casual pants and a blouse or sweater. For shopping I wear my jeans and comfortable shoes. Everything I have is mostly classic stuff that never goes out of style.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Have I mentioned lately that this spot is available?

Not in the last 10 minutes

I've ALWAYS dressed for comfort.  Absolutely.  Natural fibres, nothing tight, and I've only worn  heels once in my life - that was enough.

Mind you, I don't think the two are mutually exclusive... I can dress nicely, but it's always comfortable.