Question of the Day - Tuesday, October 20

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello there! 

Do you like Horror Movies? If so, what genre do you prefer? 

I like them - but preferably and mainly paranormal ones (Ghosts/hauntings). I don't particularly care for slasher/gory/splatter type of horror.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like the ghost/haunting ones too but I also like the more old school horror ones like the original Nightmare on Elm Street and Halloween (the Rob Zombie remake was good too though). I also like the really old stuff too with Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi. 

Then we have Young Frankenstein which is a fantastic movie mixing humor with horror. I love the Evil Dead movies for the same reason.  Those are MUST SEE 

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I like the phycological ones.. like the Butterfly Effect.. even Final Destination was good- not sure what to categorize this one at.

SCREAM movies has always been a favorite.. horror, yet, has the sick humor I like.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the old horror movies like Frankenstein, Dracula and the Werewolf movies.  I also like most of the movies with Vincent Price in them, he always scared the heck out of me when I was a kid. 

I don't like the slice and dice moves of today either, they are just all gore and no story and they all seem the same to me. 

Alfred Hitchcock movies were always great especially Psycho, that was one of the scariest movies I ever saw and no blood and gore.  All of Hitchcock's movies could happen, that's what's most scary.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorites are the exorcism movies as long as they don't get too gory or hokey.  I liked the grand daddy of exorcism movies The Exorcist but it isn't my favorite.  My favorite is The Exorcism of Emily Rose.

david's steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes! Love all kinds of horror, doesn't matter what genre! Just watched Annabelle and the Babadook over the weekend, I even really liked the Saw films franchise [emoji]128513[/emoji]

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Love them! Not so much slasher/gore... psychological, paranormal is more my thing.

horatiothecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I liked the Ring, Annabelle, The Rite, The Conjuring, The Decent etc... and almost all the horror movies from the old school back in the day.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i much prefer the very old horror movies. i love Hitchcock movies, and of course Dracula, The Mummy, and etc. but i think my favorite old horror movie would be Diabolique. the first time i saw part of Diabolique it was on during the middle of the night and i only caught about a half hour of it, in the middle of the movie -- i didn't even know what the title of the movie was then. and maybe a year or two after that, i came across it again -- again, in the middle of the night. Diabolique aired again, and i watched it from the beginning to the end. it's really an incredible movie!

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love scary movies! But I hate the typical 'slasher' movies. They are so predictable and not really scary at all... at least not to me. I prefer psychological thrillers! The kind that keep you glued to the screen and on the edge of your seat! Ohhh yeaaaaaaaaaa!

Here are some of my favorites:

Bram Stoker's Dracula

Sleepy Hollow

What Ever Happened to Baby Jane

When a Stranger Calls

What Lies Beneath

The Pit and the Pendulum

Cape Fear

PLay Misty for Me

Panic Room

The Skeleton Key

Case 39

Anna

Dark Water

The Uninvited

The Eye

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

i much prefer the very old horror movies. i love Hitchcock movies, and of course Dracula, The Mummy, and etc. but i think my favorite old horror movie would be Diabolique. the first time i saw part of Diabolique it was on during the middle of the night and i only caught about a half hour of it, in the middle of the movie -- i didn't even know what the title of the movie was then. and maybe a year or two after that, i came across it again -- again, in the middle of the night. Diabolique aired again, and i watched it from the beginning to the end. it's really an incredible movie!
Thanks for the heads-up, mickNsnicks2mom. I'll have to look for that movie.

I'm not into the slasher flicks at all; as Fyllis said, they're very predictable. So no Halloween movies, no House of Wax, no Freddy, nothing like that. LaRussa mentioned Vincent Price; he can scare the crap out of you with just a glance! I always liked him. And the old horror movies are good; some of them are campy, but they're still good. Big Hitchcock fan, here, too.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remember the old scary movies...

A woman alone in a dark old mansion, she is tip-toeing down the staircase, thunder and lighting storm raging outside, a tree limb scraping at the window, shutters slamming against the house, her candle flickers and goes out, and as she gets to the bottom of the stairs a beautiful black cat always jumps out,screeches and hisses and runs across her feet! THOSE are the kind of scary movies I love! LOL

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What got me about the slasher movies of the 80's was how silly people were.  They would open a door when you knew what was going to happen.

freyaandzelda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love them! I'm not big on the slasher/gore, but I prefer the supernatural ones. The ones that leave me thinking "what if"? And make me scared to look in mirrors or something lol. I love The Conjuring. I also like the ones that are kind of silly, like the Scream movies or A Cabin in the Woods.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nooooo! I'm too scared to watch horror films. I like some hit chock but not the birds or the motel one.
Some scarey films are ok and some I cover my eyes. I like dramas. Especially British ones.