cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello hello! Wishing everyone a pleasant Tuesday ~

Very easy Q for today!

Why do you love cats?

Pour moi:

They are physically adorable. They are hilarious. Every single cat is different and unique. Contrary to stereotypes they can love their humans and show it if one actually puts effort into it. They ease stress. They are great with other companion animals. You can comfortably fit more than one in your home 

Could go on and on! Altogether they make life interesting and fulfilling. The saying is right - Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened! 

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
After my Daddy died focusing on the kittens really helped my grief. Now I just have this overwhelming urge to help them. It's hard when I can't help them all but helping one may not make a difference for them all but it makes a difference for them. It makes me feel like I am giving back. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats have always been a part of my life, and I can't imagine being without them. I think its true that you find the animals you need (or they find you), even if you don't know it at the time.

I love their snuggles, their purrs, their conversations with me (Asha is a real talker :bigmouth: ), how soft their fur is, their pawsages, the warmth from their bodies as they cuddle me, the games they play and invent, the studious way they use their scratchers (total concentration, like it's the most important job in the world), the way they greet me in the mornings, the soft leatheryness of their paw-pads, the unexpected 'kitty kisses', watching them as they watch the birds and animals outside, the sheer fascination Asha has with watching the horses at play (our garden backs onto farmland), they blissful expressions when they're asleep in a favourite place, the way they'll always sense when I'm down and come to comfort me, the happy satisfied noises they make when eating something delicious, their innate ability to be totally in the moment, the way they 'help' me with crafts...and even housework, their sheer ecstasy at a new favourite toy or game, they way they can always bring a smile to my face - no matter HOW bad the day, their inquisitiveness and curiosity....

I could go on forever! Cats make my life complete :heart3::heart2::heart3::9:

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My parents already had a cat when I was born, and he lived for 15 more years, so he was just as much a part of my family as the humans and the love just naturally happened, and I've never known what it's like not to love cats. How's that for a run-on sentence. 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats are:

Small

Soft

Adorable

Loving

Silly

Playful

Curious

Intelligent

Amazing companions

Loyal

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i guess the simple answer is that i love everything about cats. i've lived with and loved cats since i was under 5 years old.  for me, my house isn't a home without at least one cat to share it with me. 

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Very easy Q for today!
It's the easy questions that are the most difficult to answer!

I guess what I love about cats is their wildness. You know that, as a species, they are quite capable of surviving without us but they've self-domesticated because it makes their lives easier. I like the fact that you have to work to earn their trust and affection. Some other domesticated animals (Yes dogs, I'm looking at you!) seem to be hard-wired to be friendly to people (unless something awful has happened to make them mistrust us). With cats you have to put a bit more effort into winning them over and even the sweetest, friendliest cat still has moments when they'd rather be alone, doing their cat stuff. For me that makes the affection they give us all the more special.

Finally I love how they move. They're so poised and agile, even if they do have their goof-ball moments. I really admire their athleticism.