Question of the Day - Tuesday, March 8

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Hey! Happy Tuesday! 

And Happy International Women's Day everyone!

On to the Q!

What makes you laugh?

Like many people here, I highly enjoy funny animal stuff (especially cats, dogs and horses). I also love well-done historical humour, well-done parodies, dry humour, witty humour, and observational humour (or whatever you call it when laughing at funny commentary and jokes between friends!).

I don't like slapstick or sophoromic/juvenile humour. Nor most political humour for that matter. Dark humour has to really depend, same with satire. 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Kitty antics make me laugh every time.  Videos, photos, my own real life clowns...  they're always good for a chuckle.  I also enjoy a political satire site and the comments on it.   And the Daily Show and Stephen Colbert used to get me roaring.    

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Sophie makes me laugh all the time. She's so silly and loves to get into things. Whenever I hear something going on, I know WHO it is, just not what she's into. It's never Lily or Henry. Last night I kept hearing a thumping sound so I went looking for her. She had climbed up onto a box of decorations I have stored in the cat room and found the end of an extension cord sticking out of the box. She was laying on her back smacking it into the wall with her paw thus the thump, thump, thump sound. I walked into the room and asked, "what are you doing Saurus?"  She just leaned her head back a little more and looked at me like, "Who Me? Just chilling by the window. Nothing to see here." 

I love old British comedies like Benny Hill and Are You Being Served? Of course I love Canada's greatest gift to the world- Trailer Park Boys. You really have to watch it if you haven't seen it. It's on Netflix.  

I am also a Jackass junkie. Give me a marathon of that, a couple of drinks and I'm a happy girl.  RIP Ryan Dunn 

ETA: Benny Hill and I have the same birthday. May he also RIP. 

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
seeing jaspurr and the girls playing together. he's so good and gentle with the girls. 
    jaspurr gets them going with playing really well, and wrestles with them and plays chase too.

or seeing deedee and punkin wrestling. little punkin is polydactyl, and at first deedee was easily able to pin punkin down and (in play) bite her on the neck. today punkin just took her front paws (with an extra digit on each) and thwacked deedee on her face each time she went in to bite punkin. 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background

My Sophie makes me laugh all the time. She's so silly and loves to get into things. Whenever I hear something going on, I know WHO it is, just not what she's into. It's never Lily or Henry. Last night I kept hearing a thumping sound so I went looking for her. She had climbed up onto a box of decorations I have stored in the cat room and found the end of an extension cord sticking out of the box. She was laying on her back smacking it into the wall with her paw thus the thump, thump, thump sound. I walked into the room and asked, "what are you doing Saurus?"  She just leaned her head back a little more and looked at me like, "Who Me? Just chilling by the window. Nothing to see here." 

I love old British comedies like Benny Hill and Are You Being Served? Of course I love Canada's greatest gift to the world- Trailer Park Boys. You really have to watch it if you haven't seen it. It's on Netflix.  

I am also a Jackass junkie. Give me a marathon of that, a couple of drinks and I'm a happy girl.  RIP Ryan Dunn 

ETA: Benny Hill and I have the same birthday. May he also RIP. 
that's a really good one!!

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably safe to say that kitties make us ALL laugh! Watching Maple guard the dry food bowl (that's how it looks anyway) makes me laugh. As does watching Oliver laying on the floor and Penelopy over on the side, her little butt twitching as she is about to pounce on him. Too many things to list in that area.

I guess life makes me laugh. And I'm a big fan of trying to find the humor in the darkness. It even tends to stand out more then, I think.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hekitty, of course.  As for other things...my sense of humor is wide, varied and whacked.  Almost anything can make me laugh.  Got that from my dad.  An example of this would be my grandmother's (Dad's mother) funeral.

This is the story...In her home town there had been two funeral homes.  One family had a daughter, the other a son.  Of course the two grew up, fell in love, married, and in due time combined the businesses, hyphenating the names.  When Gran passed, my uncle, of course, called them.   The laughter at the funeral came in when Dad and I were looking at the program, and realized that my Gran was being laid to rest by the fine establishment of Rideout-Underwood.  We had to excuse ourselves to go howl like banshees for a few.  And just for the record, my grandmother would have BRAYED about it.  Her humor, also, was wide, varied and whacked.

Last edited: