Question of the Day - Tuesday, March 31

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey hey! Last day of March today (Wowza!) :wow:

What colour is your housecoat/bathrobe?

Mine is a bright fuchsia :lol3: it was a gift. Nevertheless it is very nice - delightfully soft and cozy, even if it could be seen from space.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My winter one is ruby red fleece with a hood. The summer one is pale pink and cotton. Both are ankle length with long sleeves.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't owned one in more years than I can remember!

I wear yoga type pants in the house with some kind of t-shirt or similar.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have one either. A pair of fleece pants or sweatpants and a t-shirt is my loungewear of choice. 

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't worn a bathrobe in years.  I usually wear sweat pants and a flannel shirt around the house.  The sweats are a tan color.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really do not have a bathrobe now, but I would like one for lounging in the summer, a nice cool cotton with botanicals would be my choice!    

(no belt, however, they drive my crazy) 

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a fuzzy light pink one that I'm wearing right now, and I wear it ALL the time because it beats wearing long sleeves or pants. It's long sleeved and knee length with a belt. I have a white satin one with pink flowers on the sleeve cuffs for summer. That one is 3/4 sleeve and just above knee length.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have 3.  My lightweight one is a fuchsia and I LOVE it.  

My other 2 are both fleece; a shorter cut light purple one.  It looks like a "granny" robe but I love it.  The kids curl up with it like a blanket.  The cats do too. 
  The other is a mint green and a fuzzier fleece.  It's very warm; but bulky if I'm not just sitting around in it.  So usually that one is hanging up in my closet.  

I never used to wear a robe of any kind.  But I like them now when I'm cold.  I wear a lot of tank tops/camisoles under my nice shirts and sweaters; but I don't usually wear my nice shirts around the house.  So I'll usually finish a day in the tank top and put my lightweight robe over it.  It's mid thigh length with long sleeves.  My fleece robes are both mid calf long. The purple one has long sleeves and the green has 3/4 length sleeves.  I've never understood that.  Why make such a warm and heavy weight robe and then stop the sleeves before they can keep your whole arm warm?
  Both fleece robes were gifts!  

Last edited:

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love robes - when I'm wearing my robe that means work is done for the day and it's time to relax. 

My very favorite robe is made of heavy sweatshirt material (cotton fleece) in heather grey, it's like a very long hoodie with a zipper in front and pockets.  It's nice and warm with the hood since It's always damp and cold here by the water. I have lighter cotton terry ones in navy, purple, and white. I also have a white cotton batiste robe with a coordinating nightgowns for when I travel to warmer climates. 

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never owned one, t-shirts for bed and dressed as soon as I get up, I guess I've had too many unexpected early visitors!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't use a bathrobe, and don't own one. my around-the-house attire is seasonal. winter means thermal bottoms and a thermal henley top, and sometimes a knit cap too. summer means cotton shorts and a short sleeved cotton top. spring and fall mean a gradual transition to and from summer attire. like today, it's warm enough that i'm wearing a short sleeved cotton top with a pair of thermal bottoms.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 all of which I rarely wear. The one that I sometimes wear is white terry cloth and long.
I also have a mid length cream chenille robe and a light pink fleece mid length robe.
I bought the terry robe but the other 2 were gifts when I went to hospital to deliver my 2 boys.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have two that are dark green and one that is bright pink.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't own one :lol3:

I used to have a cream colored one with 2 kitties embroidered on the left side. Not sure what happened to it! Also had matching slippers with it.