Question of the Day - Tuesday, March 19

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings! And happy first day of Spring for those of us above the equator 🌸🌺💐

People often talk about the Golden Era of this or that. In what Golden Era or Age are we in right now?

- Youtube videos that have expanded onto other things in terms of content and quality; DYI, history, true crime, travel, fashion, social topics, music etc And these creators actually getting their own acknowledgement and careers for it. Definitely expanding beyond just the typical "beauty guru" fame that used to be dominant, which finally seems to be tapering off.
-Another golden era of astronomy.
- Cat humour with funny videos, art and a sense of more awareness towards cats and how great they are and how to treat them properly.

icegif-323.gif

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After much thought, the only thing that comes to mind is the Golden Age of fakery. The news is full of people being scammed out of their money by fake web sites; of people using computers and artificial intelligence to show people saying and doing things that they never said or did, or just spread false 'information' in general. It is getting to the point where nothing can be taken as fact without checking multiple sources, and who is to say which of those are real?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The age of Internet & Cell Phones. Everything digital & apps. And the age of Tim Hortons for me.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After much thought, the only thing that comes to mind is the Golden Age of fakery. The news is full of people being scammed out of their money by fake web sites; of people using computers and artificial intelligence to show people saying and doing things that they never said or did, or just spread false 'information' in general. It is getting to the point where nothing can be taken as fact without checking multiple sources, and who is to say which of those are real?
Yeah, it really bothered me that Princess Kate faked that family photo. I mean a pic is supposed to be something that really happened. How can you trust a pic anymore? Plus people could get falsely accused. I don't like that at all.

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I read something about how in a few years the internet will be nothing but bots and AI. Probably not 100% likely, but we seem to be moving in that direction.

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd say we're in the golden age of the last few years of having a relatively normal, comfortable and safe climate. Of course there are many who have already been victimized by severe climate related problems, but I don't know if the majority of us really appreciate the fact that they haven't been misplaced or forced to endure horrific temperatures . . .yet.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
One thing that seemed -I don’t know about golden, but maybe silver- was wildlife creeping in and people peacefully appreciating it, at least during Covid (Though the virus itself is certainly not golden). Agree about the sheer new wonders of astrophysics and astronomy, but not sure humans have earned the right to hastily mine, populate or lay claim to other planets.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not a good thing, but we're definitely in the Golden Era of misinformation and people lacking critical thinking skills.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
:drool: The Great Era of Stupidity :sigh:
~ The more I read, see and hear, the more convinced I am that this is indeed the dumbest time to be alive on planet earth.
Let's laugh as a means of coping, because it's not likely to change any time soon ...
Albert Einstein best quotes.jpeg

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think the 'Golden Age' at any time is a product of people's memory. We tend to remember good things more clearly, the bad memories tend to recede. Stories get passed down emphasizing the good memories and thus we have a 'Golden Age'. I remember my dad told some stories from the Great Depression that made it seem not so bad after all. I know that wasn't true. He had to drop out of college because of it and the aunt and uncle that raised him came very close to losing their farm which became his after they passed.