Question of the Day - Tuesday, July 15

oceanbreathes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I was totally freaked out about this when I switched over too. I got so used to using Dove, which smells pretty strongly even if you're not sweating, and now I just use a brick of salt (the Crystal). It's been over five years and so far so good! Plus buying one lasts a SUPER long time.
I also use crystal deodorant and I love it(and it does last forever).  I had a LONG day yesterday, which involved sweat, and absolutely no odor.  I think it takes time for your body to adjust to wearing natural deodorants, if you've used the other type.  

My SO doesn't wear any deodorant and I swear.. he could sweat, go a day without a shower, and AT MOST have a very faint but pleasant odor (if you put your nose right up to his armpit.)  Note: I have a great sense of smell, too.  It's pretty mind boggling.

I don't wear any fragrances for my own sake, his sake, and the cats.  I react pretty badly to artificial fragrances; even just walking past someone at the grocery store or walking down certain aisles.  I had a friend who would douse himself in Axe body spray before getting into my vehicle.  It wouldn't take long before my skin was burning(particularly my face), along with respiratory symptoms and a headache.  I've known of people who are far more sensitive and are basically housebound from it.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I only wear one. Any others cause me sinus issues. I use Oscar de la Renta, the original scent.

angelinacat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am about the same as Misty8723 in that I use 'unscented' everything because I too am sensitive to odors.  I have learned to tolerate the 'shower fresh' scent of body powder.

sugarsandz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The only thing I wear is Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture. I think my little bottle of perfume will last years! Every other scent makes me sick to my stomach and gives me a headache.