Question of the Day - Tuesday, January 7

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings! Happy first Tuesday of January and first one of the year!

If you built a themed hotel, what would the theme be and what would the rooms look like?

For me, I probably would go all Edwardian or 1920's+ archaeology/explorer/adventure theme. Like you just plopped into the world of Hercule Poirot, Gertrude Caton-Thompson and Miss Phryne Fisher. (With limited murders, of course!). Rooms would be elegant, classy, wordily and bookish. Unrefined or all over the place idea at the moment of course but you get the jist :lol:

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I would build a hotel themed with nature inspired designs. I'm not sure how to explain it but many beautiful and dynamic structures can be found in nature.
View attachment 316633

Something like this...
I’m with you on this design because that’s what I was thinking also. Light and pleasant to the senses. Maybe even some “hobbit” houses for kids and ice hotels also, such as in the Antarctic...

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely Doctor Who themed. The rooms would be something from either a world that was visited or rooms of the T.A.R.D.I.S.. In the cafe, Daleks would be the servers. Cybermen would be the room valets and the Hosts could be for information (of course). May even throw in a weeping angel as the concierge. The Ood would deliver room service.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I would build a hotel themed with nature inspired designs. I'm not sure how to explain it but many beautiful and dynamic structures can be found in nature.
View attachment 316633

Something like this...
I love this concept also. And animals like giraffe, horses birds, etc can be observed outside, and dogs and cats can roam freely inside. :)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
A series of tree houses built in the forest, connected with rope ways and ladders. There would be composting toilets and the bathrooms would be open air rock pools, filled with hot spring water and with bamboo growing around the pools for privacy.

Perfect for adventurous bird watchers and nature lovers.