Question of the Day - Tuesday, January 17

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello hello everyone! Happy Tuesday! 

Do you have any bad habits?

I am a cracker - fingers, wrists and toes. I am trying to stop though, as I am starting to feel the long term affects on my hands 
 so far fairly successful, but then I have subconscious auto moments.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The first one that comes to mind is drinking too much coffee, as I sit here with cup in hand, lol.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you'd asked this when I was younger I would have a laundry list of bad habits.

At nearly 58, far different.  Honestly, I can't think of anything I'd consider "bad".  Maybe a tad lazy on weekends but I deserve that LOL

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well...I quit smoking, which was my sole remaining real vice...I am a book collector, and I keep very odd hours, and I can binge-eat.  I buy one half-gallon of ice cream per month, and it is gone in 3 days, then I don't really do sweets again till the next month.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I swear like a drunken sailor. I try to keep the volume down, but all the same it's quite shocking to think of some of the things that come out of my mouth. It's a good job that most people in these parts don't speak English.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I swear like a drunken sailor. I try to keep the volume down, but all the same it's quite shocking to think of some of the things that come out of my mouth. It's a good job that most people in these parts don't speak English.
Um, that would be me, too. Rick says I could make sailors blush. I used to attribute it to 18 years of being part of a handful of women who worked in a paper plant. Until I realized that I probably taught my co-workers back then a few choice adjectives from time to time. One time, I was having a very hard time with a slab of material and finally, in frustration, I called it every name I could think of. And then I made some up. And I then I stalked off. And when I finally calmed down, the guy I was working with said to his buddy, "Was that really Pammy? Holy 
!"

Curbing my language was one of the most difficult things I had to do when I got the job I have now. I mean, you can't just hang up on some idiot and call him a 
-
 out loud, now can you? I have been known to walk into my boss' office, shut his door, stand there and 
 and then, sigh, say very nicely, "Thanks, boss!" and open the door and walk back down the hallway to my cube. The first time I ever did that, my boss told my husband that he didn't think I even knew any of those words! Rick said, "You don't know her very well yet, do you?"

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well...I quit smoking, which was my sole remaining real vice...I am a book collector, and I keep very odd hours, and I can binge-eat.  I buy one half-gallon of ice cream per month, and it is gone in 3 days, then I don't really do sweets again till the next month.
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Congratulations on the quitting smoking. That is one of the best things a person can do for themselves.

I worry too much. I am trying to stop that too. :nod:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
umm I swear too much and get ticked off red face jumping up and down mad. Then once I blow my stack I can get on with it.

Yes I work with men...they don't walk on egg shells around me. I told them to just be themselves but keep It in check. One guy I trained who isn't here anymore told his boss that I taught him how to say
 off 10 different ways..which isn't true!!! He taught me a few new ones I never heard of. I have made up a few new swear words and the guys laugh at me. Honestly if swearing is my worst habit then at least I blow off steam. I think it's worse when someone holds it in and let's it ferment. just not good for the soul.

Winchester=I love your stories! And yes working with men is a WHOLE different ball game isn't it??! I LOVE it! I love that they don't ask me stupid questions and just keep things light and fluffy..works wonders on my depression honestly. They make me laugh and they try to help me get over myself..as one says.."who cares?" " let it roll-don't get so upset!" ok. yeah then later in the day they get hopping mad about a boss's new job they want them to do then I listen to them rant and rave for a few minutes...it's all good.

the other bad habit of mine=ALL I want to do is EAT. EAT. EAT. god I just don't understand my obsession with FOOD! So swearing/eating too much is right up there with bad habits....

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have a bad habit of swearing, too. My nephew who is a baptist minister does not appreciate it when I let one slip in front of his young kids.

lily paddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Eat when im bored. 

Road Rage. 

Overly critical (sometimes) 

Fret over things out of my control..

Expect too much from people. 

Ya.. im working on these.. 

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Severe eating disorders non-existent now. Check.

Quit drinking. Check.

Quit smoking. Check.

Still got a potty mouth, which I hate. Why is the eff word so satisfying to say when I'm mad.

Still a worry wart. Always have been even as a small child.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh, i think that would be my venting. i usually vent while i'm scooping the litter boxes (not about cleaning the litter boxes, but about other stuff). and there are some choice expletives that come out of my mouth while i'm venting.