Question Of The Day - Tuesday, February 27

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings everyone! :hellocomputer:

What do you think is the most interesting and/or your favourite fact about cats?

An interesting one for me, among many others so it is hard to choose just one, is: "Cats can change their meow to manipulate a human. They often imitate a human baby when they need food, for example"

And one of the faves is how owning a cat reduces the risk of stroke and heart attack by a third :yess: Muahahaha! Totally counters the stereotype of kitty ownership.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Polydactyl stuff fascinates me. We had a polydactyl tortoiseshell cat that was the sweetest animal ever when I was a kid. I was so enamored with her I used to read anything I could get about them,and found about about the Hemingway cats. So lucky my parents would buy us kids any books we wanted,and encouraged the love of reading that I have had my whole life.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't necessarily say this is my favorite fact about cats but definitely an interesting fact - they are the exact opposite of what people think who don't like cats. For example - they are not sneaky, not unfriendly, not bad companions, and the list goes on and on. Probably my favorite fact is the way they purr to their heart's content. :redheartpump:

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't necessarily say this is my favorite fact about cats but definitely an interesting fact - they are the exact opposite of what people think who don't like cats. For example - they are not sneaky, not unfriendly, not bad companions, and the list goes on and on. Probably my favorite fact is the way they purr to their heart's content. :redheartpump:
Well, I don't know about others, but all of my cats are so sneaky that they've stolen croissants off of forks... :p

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep, I would have to say all the cats I ever had could be sneaky if they wanted to. Cats have some many interesting qualities, it is hard to pick a top one.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The fact that they always know when I've been to Petco! :lol: How do they know it isn't just canned peas or something in that shopping bag?

View attachment 220511
betsygee betsygee - They do have a sixth sense for incoming treats, don't they? Bob will actually appear at the kitchen window when I come back from a trip to PetsMart. I swear, it's the only time I ever see him looking out that window!

By the way, Betsygee, Happy Birthday! :bliss: :bday::bliss:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I find it fascinating the way one litter of kittens could all have been fathered by different tom cats. Most of my cats are related, it's fun looking at all the varieties of colours, fur lengths and tail lengths and trying to work out where they got their looks from. I mean, how can a litter of two be made up of one huge, long haired, long tailed tux and one small, bob-tailed short haired black cat.

:dunno:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah: a cat's (happy) purring is so soothing! sometimes i snuggle with my cats, cheek and ear on their side and shoulder, just listening to their purring. :cloud9:

FakeGourmet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have to disagree with the claim that cats aren't sneaky. My cat Sylvester is very sneaky with his various ways to get by me into the breezeway. He's all happy for the rest of the day when he succeeds in getting by me.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats were never sneaky. There could be bad at times but not sneaky. What amazed me about my cats is that for being feral they were the sweetest cats in the world. Even my vet said my cats were the sweetest and kindest cats in her practice.

Muffy

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My Lena had to take daily meds for her arthritis and she was very easy to pill.
One day I found about 10 pills behind the slider blind! That was sneaky. :clap:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I find the pecking order in cat colonies fascinating. Although it's pretty easy to tell who's the alpha cat, rank farther down the line can be incredibly subtle and fluid.

FakeGourmet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What I find most interesting about cats is their ability to creatively annoy in order to get you to do something for them. The hard part is when it isn't food that they want.