Question of the Day - Tuesday, February 20

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello hello! Happy Tuesday everyone!

What is something humans probably won't ever be able to figure out?

- Life after death? With so many advancements in research in science and technology it is quite something that it still remains a mystery, aside from firsthand accounts of personal experiences - which can be up for debate for a variety of reasons.
- What's inside a black hole.
- Teleportation or time travel.

And just to get it out of the way since it is also a common answer to these things: World peace/being nice to each other etc etc

But who knows what could happen in a few hundred or even a few thousand years! :lol:

cat-philosophy.gif

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How to get along with each other (as a whole).

My first thought was other dimensions. Science has proven them, but our minds cannot even come close to comprehending what is actually there. However, as science and technology improves, maybe one day we will be able to see into them.

Edit: Wouldn't let me add a quote on an edit.
For the black hole and time travel thing.... You are correct.
Nothing we have (or will ever have) can withstand the gravitational pressure of a black hole.
And time travel the way you are thinking of it, is not possible. Time is relevant, and the further you get from a body of mass (planet), time speeds up, and the closer you are to massive gravity (black hole), time slows down. But not like the TARDIS time travel.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with world peace - we are constantly besieged with this problem and haven't figured it out yet.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How exactly we should eat and exercise for health. It should be way more simple than we make it out to be. They gotta stop changing their mind and secretly selling stuff.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How exactly we should eat and exercise for health. It should be way more simple than we make it out to be. They gotta stop changing their mind and secretly selling stuff.
Unfortunately, that sometimes has more to do with genetics than lifestyle or diet. Do you remember Jim Fixx? The guy they called 'The Running Doctor'? Back in the 70s and 80s, he advocated for running and even wrote a book about it. He also was big on proper diet. He dropped dead of a heart attack at age 52. While running.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with world peace - we are constantly besieged with this problem and haven't figured it out yet.
Now, work with me. The only reason it hasn’t been achieved yet is not everybody has a kitty. Once they do, peace will be established across the land.