Question of the Day - Tuesday, December 17

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings! Happy Tuesday!

Which TV family is most like your own?

For me, probably the Big Bang Theory. (At least the earlier seasons before, IMO, changed too much - but I digress) On account that my childhood consisted being part of the Academia world (Which was awesome) and my father is a high level genius, with all the unique quirks, traits and difficulties of having a real life legit genius as a family member. He even calls Sheldon Cooper his "Fictional Soulmate". They even do the same thing where they say "That's my spot" on the couch. No joke, dad did it decades before the show. And they are both physicists, having gone to Universities very young, Doctorates, loved reading and watching Sci Fi etc etc And when the show started it was during my time as a student at Uni.

On the side I was an avid cosplayer and con attendee :lol: In any case, I found it enjoyable and relatable for a time.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably Ma & Pa Kettle minus the part where they win the lottery and get to live in a mansion.
My dad reminds me of Pa Kettle when he says "I'm gonna have to fix that one of these days." :sigh:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Middle---weird dad, overworked and helicoptery mom, nerdy girl, jock older boy, geeky/aspie younger boy. Except I was never as optimistic or enthusiastic as Sue, lol.

My dad and youngest brother are Sheldon. But the rest of the BBT crowd don't resemble my family at all.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cannot think of one that is like my family (husband, children, and me), but if you take The Addamses and mix The Crawley's from Downton Abby without the money and the Big Bang Theory, you would get my family. My daughter would be Mary/Penny/Wednesday mix. (FYI: I adore Mary's character!) My son would be Leonard mixed with Sybil and Edith. My daughter-in-law would be a Wednesday/Violet/Raj mix. Gomez and Morticia are a lot like my husband and me; however, he is a Gomez towards me and a Sheldon/Carson mix towards everyone else.

Now, for my family including my sisters and parents, it would be The Bluths from "Arrested Development" without the liking each other part and the Lannisters from "Game of Thrones" without the incest. My one sister and I would be Tyrion (me) and Jamie (her) since we actually do like and care for each other. My mother would be Lucille I and Tywin without the capability to even like her children. My eldest sister would be Cercei/Lucille I. My second sister would be Cercei/Lindsay//Buster. My father would be George Sr/Tobias. Haha! Now, I have to text my sister and tell her!

Last edited:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh boy, I have no idea. I can't think of one specific TV family that would resemble my dysfunctional family. My family puts the fun in dysfunctional though. My initial thought is the Connors from Roseanne, but much more liberal and less blue-collar.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Malcolm in the middle would be mine the three boy's and you could chuck in sue heck for my daughter :lol: