Question of the day - Tuesday, August 24

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings on this fine Tuesday!

Shamelessly stole this question from Reddit!

What's a "typically unattractive" trait that you actually find to be attractive?

I guess I've always find men with a little character to their face quite attractive. "Perfectly conventionally handsome" is a wee bit boring to me. And not sure if this counts, but I always really liked gentle looking hands. The kind of hands that show a strong character on the inside but can be very kind and tender, if that makes sense?

Funny enough I recently discovered it was one of the things my grandmother noticed about my grandfather :lol: When they first met back in the 1940's (So I guess it is in the genes) Where he turned out be a modern man (He was was an advocate for women's rights) a philosophy professor, an involved and devoted dad and a huge animal lover. So can't go wrong I reckon!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Granted, I don't think it is actually considered an unattractive quality, but it is in pop culture and movies, etc. and that is people in glasses.

I can't really think of something that is legitimately considered an unattractive quality. I have a lot of things I find unattractive that other people find attractive though (like long hair on men).

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never thought of it before; however, my husband has a wine port stain birthmark on his face around his left eye. He had always been self-conscious about it. I think it adds to his good looks. When he started wearing glasses, hmm... My husband is handsome. That is all I will say.

I also do not have a problem with larger noses. Often, they just fit the person's face. I mean, imagine Adam Driver with a small nose. Nope. It would not fit his face right. I also do not like blonde hair and muscular builds.

I always really liked gentle looking hands
I have always thought Gregory Peck and Leonard Nemoy had "kind" looking hands.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A tall, slender build. Everyone seems to swoon over the Jason Momas of the world. :dunno: DH is tall and slender and I much prefer that to the “big brute” look. :lol: Even when DH has been lifting he stays slender. He’s also over 6’ so not some small, scrawny guy. Just slender.

My dad was similar before he hit his 50s. He said he started lifting as a teen so he could put on weight. DS takes after my dad. 🤪

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sexually or romantically attracted to anyone/any trait. Aesthetically, I like beards and longish hair on men, like Sully from Dr Quinn. That's probably not unusual though. And slender, nerdy types like Matthew Gray Gubler, though not sure if I really find that aesthetically pleasing or just know that they usually have my preferred personality. I don't really have any aesthetic preferences about women but know that those who look/dress a certain way will probably be Mean Girls.

Personality-wise, I like NEEEERDS who info-dump on you all day, no matter what gender. As long as they let me info-dump too. Those who will argue, bicker, get passionate, defend their position, concede, rehash, but not take it personally or get mad; all in a day's info-dump. I don't think that's terribly popular, haha.
Blunt, brutal, "OMG did he really just say that?" honesty.
If you can find one who is a decent human, it's fun. Mostly I find that that type are usually honest about their bad character, particularly when it comes to how they treat animals :/. I've also found that men who admire the trait in other men get very angry when a woman is brutally honest, lol.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I tend to like guys with facial hair - a mustache and/or beard and be in good physical shape/work out. I am more attracted to a guy with darker hair than lighter hair - dreads or a man bun are okay too. I'm not a fan of a preppy guy.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I tend to like guys who are mysterious and quiet. Some women find it boring. I am also not more on the physical traits, but with someone who is also nerdish is attractive to me. My first love was all of those things, plus he was tall. Unfortunately we did not end up together.

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Beards.
DH always asks me if he should shave his and I'll always respond with no. I am still very attractive to him without one, but I love his beard. He is 13 years older than me and I've noticed he is getting some grey hairs in it now, and its even more attractive to me. :loveeyes:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to see women who don't wear makeup. It's always been a norm for women to wear makeup but I like the natural look and it's healthier for the skin.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I really like hair, longer hair on men, beards, a bit of body hair. Not to an extreme extent, but a bit of it has a certain charm to it.
As someone mentioned before, I agree with little to no makeup on girls. I understand that it's fun to put on a bit of makeup when going out. But a full face isn't my taste. Just a bit of eye makeup and lips is more than enough, and definitely not on days where we just stay in and lounge.
Also, pyjamas are super attractive to me for some reason