Question of the Day - Tuesday, August 22

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! Greetings from Paris! 🗼 🇫🇷

What is your go-to struggle meal when you are low on funds?

Ramen :lol: but other times I'll get veggies and feta and make a veggie salad with ranch, other times bread and create a sandwich.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Macaroni and Cheese out of the blue box. I eat it very rarely because I have been trying to give up the processed food along with added sugar. I always had it on hand when the kids were little, that along with heating up frozen veggies was my go-to when it was close to payday and the pickings in the kitchen were slim.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ground beef browned in a skillet, add fresh or frozen green beans (or any veggie, or combination of veggies of your choice) and sprinkle some cheese on top. It's actually quite good, and filling.
Eggs, delicious and quick.
A can of vegetable soup, with a can of mixed vegetables added in. It makes two meals instead of one (and thickens it up, I hate runny soup).
I've found that bulking things out with vegetables is a great way to stretch the budget.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I almost always have the makings for my oriental soup ,and I'm happy with that.He on the other hand is more happy with something made with eggs,or pancakes.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ground beef, browned and mixed with rice and whatever fresh or frozen vegetables that are on sale, seasoned with herbs and spices. Lentils and rice are also good, and inexpensive but the lentils have to be soaked first.