Question of the Day - Tuesday, August 15

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! :catlove:

What is the longest you've gone without eating and why?

If hospital stays count, probably almost a month without any actual food (On IV) after my major surgeries as a kid. Even was gradually introduced to a bit of light meals. On more "normal" circumstances per say probably just one full day without food - definitely felt it :lol:

hungry-cat.gif

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Went for a day and a night for a political event in front of a consulate. (I’d stink at this if I were someone like Bobby Sands or Gandhi…kept hallucinating about food).

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Almost 24 hrs. when I was in college during finals and that's the last time I ever went without food again. I couldn't do that now since I get a migraine if I wait too long to eat. :sickcat:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
About three days for surgery. Then it was a day of clear fluids, a day of full fluids and soft bland food.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably when I had heart surgery, so about eight hours before surgery until whenever they finally bothered to come in afterward and get the tube out - they didn't get there till I'd hit the emergency button because I was choking. So, no idea how many hours I'd fasted. (Whether hospital food counts as eating is another matter!)

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ten days, twice, due to surgery. I had 2 surgerys on my stomach about 2 months apart. I could not eat or drink anything for 10 days. It was pure torture. They woud not even let me suck on a ice chip.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
25 hours, just last month. I was flying cross country and I always fast for 4hours before a flight so I won't have to use the airplane bathroom. My flight ended up being delayed, then when I got in all I wanted to do was sleep.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About 2 days. I had norwalk years back and only sipped water because I kept throwing up anything I put down. When the throwing up stopped, I still kept the food to a minimum because "the other end" was still working overtime.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About 2 days. I had norwalk years back and only sipped water because I kept throwing up anything I put down. When the throwing up stopped, I still kept the food to a minimum because "the other end" was still working overtime.
I think it was similar for me when I had norovirus. I lived on pedialyte for 2ish days, if I recall.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
9 days. This time it wasn't me. I am known to go 3-4 days without eating 'cause I'm just not hungry. This time though, I was in the hospital with a 5cm abscess in my intestine/colon. I can understand them not letting me eat, but they wouldn't let me drink water either. I swear hospitals are sadistic. Plus, every time I turned on MUSE, they'd come in and tell me to turn it off (it wasn't loud...I swear). I guess I'm supposed to just lay there quietly and do nothing for days on end.