Question of the Day - Tuesday, August 10

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Late Edition* My Pardons! Busy day the other day!

Anyway, Greetings! Happy Tuesday of the Future? Or past? :lol:

What's a bad habit you had that you've been able to overcome?

Cracking my knuckles! It was starting to effect my hands/fingers (On top of that I have tendinitis on my wrists - Farm girl life). Granted I haven't stopped cracking my feet and toes yet :ohwell: Work in progress! (Ballerina life lol) But nevertheless, pretty content about stopping my knuckles. It's been a good few years now and has made a difference!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
  • Smoking. I smoked 2 packs a day for over 20 years. Tried to quit several times. Then I figured I could use that money on cat food. Got rid of the cigarettes and got eight cats instead. Great deal!
  • Chewing my fingernails. I used to have them chewed to the nubs. My fingers were always bleeding. I finally said, Self, stop! With a little help from really bitter nail stuff, I managed to stop. But I still always have my fingers in my mouth. Always.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations V verna davies and Winchester Winchester ! I quit smoking too. I think it was 48 years ago. Don't remember the exact year.
I also quit biting my nails about 15 or 16 years ago. I went to a manicurist and got acrylic nails. By the time it was time to get the manicure again, I didn't need acrylic nails anymore. My own nails had grown out since I couldn't bite them while having them covered with the acrylic nails. I would recommend that solution to anyone who wants to quit.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
drug addiction and smoking cigs the cigs i tranfered to vaping so just getting the nicotine still minus the tar and gunk in cigs the drugs is a ongoing daily battle that will be the rest of my life. so long as i get past each day without using drugs i am winning that battle then and i have nothing to fear

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smoklng. I smoked 1 pack a day for 50 years. I quit about 6 years ago. I tried everything to quit but Chantex was the only tying that helped.

I always smoked outside because I didn't want my cats and
poodle to be breathing in my second hand smoke. When I was a kid our neighbors were heavy smokers. They both ending up dying from lung cancer and so did their two poodles.

Last edited:

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For me it's selfharm. It's something I still struggle with a lot, but I've been clean for about 3,5 years now. There are still little things I do like picking at scabs and scratching mosquito bites a bit too harshly. But no actual self inflicted injuries anymore.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nail biting. I still sometimes do it, but definitely not as often as I did as a kid and teen. Now my issue is picking at my cuticles because they are always bad looking. I try to keep a cuticle scissors or nail clippers where I usually sit when I'm not doing anything (the time I'm most likely to pick at my cuticles), but they still look bad all the time.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nail biting. I still sometimes do it, but definitely not as often as I did as a kid and teen. Now my issue is picking at my cuticles because they are always bad looking. I try to keep a cuticle scissors or nail clippers where I usually sit when I'm not doing anything (the time I'm most likely to pick at my cuticles), but they still look bad all the time.
I forgot about that one. I stopped when I started using a soap that's not drying for my hands, CeraVe. They don't have to soak and clip my cuticles when I get a manicure now. It's a lot more pleasant. :yess: