Question of the Day - Tuesday, April 18

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings! Happy Tuesday!

What was the most unexpected thing you've seen on live TV?

The events surrounding the Twin Towers
Japanese 2011 Tsunami

On a less heavy set note, other mentions:

Various celebrity related incidents in the world of Hollywood; Janet Jackson's wardrobe at the super bowl, Kanye West being Kanye West etc
Uncensored Jingly bits of nude dudes running after the cyclists while watching the Tour de France. Also an accidental shot of one of the athletes having a tinkle on the side of the road.
Zinedine Zidane head butting another player

And so forth! I feel like I am forgetting one or two :lol: but in the meantime, events that I personally witnessed on live tely.

gif-camera-cat-journalist-782727.gif

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I watched live TV it was the evening news, and in those days I would already have read about the events (Twin Towers, Port Arthur Massacre and the like) in the papers, so I can’t call anything much to mind.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This wasn't too long ago. A reporter was doing an on-location piece from a suburb. A puppy got out of a yard and ran over to investigate. The puppy became the center of everything, but the reporter was a good sport about it. The woman was home and came right out for her puppy.

I found it on Youtube.

Last edited:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unexpected? The first time I saw Today, when J. Fred Muggs, the chimpanzee, was 'co-hosting' with Dave Garroway. It wasn't exactly historic or earth-shattering, but it sure was unexpected.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guess I don’t really watch anything live. :think::dunno:My dad and stepdad both love nascar but I avoid watching that like the plague. I can tolerate or get mild enjoyment from baseball but I don’t seek out games to watch. I definitely don’t put the news on live. No award or halftime shows.

A coworker told me they saw ME on the news but it wasn’t live and I was only vaguely aware they were there. My mind was on seeing my husband for the first time in over 4 months. :lol:Another time DH and I turned down the opportunity to be interviewed for the local news. Thanks but no thanks! :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The second plane hitting the world tower. Worked at an airline and we were watching tv after the first plane hit .

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was in band class when we watched the Twin Towers fall on TV. I don't think anything can be more unexpected and horrifying to see.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Definitely the falling of the twin towers. I didn't have the TV on when the first tower was hit, but I got a call to turn on the news and I did, and when that second plane hit....that entire thing was surreal.
Unexpected in a way, but not totally as I knew he had passed, but the first time Jeopardy came on and Alex Trebeck was NOT the host. Alex was the host for my entire life, it's still so strange to see someone else reading those answers.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I was only in elementary school but the assassination of JFK. 😢